Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MRI - please help

Default Scared

Quote Originally Posted by funnylegs4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi JanetJas,

I'm not a doctor but I have Cerebral Palsy caused by brain damage before or during birth and recently wrote a film about a stroke survivor http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php so I have some knowledge of the brain and its biology. One of my film fans has a stutter and explained to me that some forms of stuttering are caused by slightly reduced blood flow or changes in the vessels. From what I understand this type of problem does not cause permeant damage to the brain like a stroke would but it changes the function of the brain somewhat causing some symptoms. Since you mention you have memory issues it brings to mind something I read in a book once about a form of Alzheimerís caused by a blood flow problem, the name was something like "Vascular Alzheimerís.". The book said this type of Alzheimerís was easier to treat than the regular type if I remember correctly and can be reversed. I'm not sure what the treatment would be. As to blood vessel issues my guess is that the blood vessels are narrow for some reason or new blood vessels have grown in new spots to repair damage to original vessels and blood flow. I think some of vessel issues can be genetic. I was also told by a cardiologist that heart issues can cause issues with blood flow to the brain and it is possible for blood to flow through the heart or brain in the wrong directions. Did they test your heart or mention wanting to test your heart after this result?
    I completely understand your fear after having to have medical tests done earlier in the year myself. The first doctor was not specific at all. It felt like the doc had dropped a bomb on me by suggesting a rather involved test without telling me why. I was like "If you think I'm about to have a stroke or heart attack or something just say so! I'd rather know now!" and he blew it off. And it freaked me out and pissed me off so bad I took it out horribly on a random person who had nothing to do with the doc or situation and came across like a jerk. Please demand the doc be specific or find another ASAP before the stress gets to you like it did me. Please also feel free to vent to me anytime. Hope this helps!

xo funnylegs4,

Iím confused and scared

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Once I can put a pic of the results. I donít have a pic of the image, but I have the written report.

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((JanetJas)))))) ~

You have 12 posts now, so see if you can post your picture of the results.

Insert Image button at top of each post page/quick reply:

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 5.48.43 PM.png

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

5. The following user says "thanks"

Ok everyone 😀

I copied the conclusion of my mri results from this past week. These results were compared to an MRI that I had 3 years ago.
    Conclusion

No acute intracranial abnomality or restricted diffusion is seen

No abnormal intracranial enhancing lesion is seen.

A few tiny new punctate focus of T2 signal prolongation in the bilateral supratentorial white matter on T2 flair imaging which are nonspecific.
    Most likely from chronic micro vascular ischemic change, but could also be seen with a mild Vasculitic process from migraines. (I donít have migraines).

Tiny mucous retention cyst of polyp in the left sphenoid sinus.

7. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JanetJas View Post
    Ok everyone ��

I copied the conclusion of my mri results from this past week. These results were compared to an MRI that I had 3 years ago.
    Conclusion

No acute intracranial abnomality or restricted diffusion is seen

No abnormal intracranial enhancing lesion is seen.

A few tiny new punctate focus of T2 signal prolongation in the bilateral supratentorial white matter on T2 flair imaging which are nonspecific.
    Most likely from chronic micro vascular ischemic change, but could also be seen with a mild Vasculitic process from migraines. (I don’t have migraines).

Tiny mucous retention cyst of polyp in the left sphenoid sinus.
    Rose posted how to add photos. I am not a doctor so please take my translation very lightly and do not worry. Again sorry if I scared you earlier. My bad! As to the results. You have no permeant damage or injury to your brain. That's great! "Micro vascular ischemia" likely means you are not getting proper blood flow. "ischemia" in doctor speak basically translates to "lack of oxygen" so that is something to pay attention to. Please ask the doctor about the ischemia. I'm not too familiar with the rest but it appears that they are telling you some part of your brain's blood vessels near your white matter are inflamed and that is causing lack of blood flow. "Micro vascular" says to me it is effecting small blood vessels in your brain.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

9. The following user says "thanks"

I think you are correct. I think that’s what the doctor had said. I wish we knew why it is happening. Doing some blood tests today.

11. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

((((((JanetJas)))))) ~

I Googled micro vascular ischemic change, and there are many sites available, which discuss this finding. How much do you want to know? I hesitate to put links here, but I will if you need/want me to.

Do you have high blood pressure? High cholesterol? Diabetes? These are possible contributing factors to this condition. That is probably why blood work was ordered for you.

Treatment suggestions I found included a healthy diet, lowering BP, cholesterol, exercise, quitting smoking, blood thinners, if needed.

Something else to be considered: any medications you are taking or have taken, which could have affected your BP etc.

As I recommended earlier, make a list of questions for your doctor to take with you to your appointment. Keep adding to the list this week, and keep the list in the same place. In fact, a notebook would be perfect. Or put it on your phone.

The MRI and blood work results will give your physician the information necessary to determine potential cause and the best treatment. You're moving in the right direction ~ forward.

Remember to breathe and relax, because stress is probably a factor too.

You're in my prayers ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

13. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JanetJas View Post
    I think you are correct. I think that’s what the doctor had said. I wish we knew why it is happening. Doing some blood tests today.
    You're welcome! Thanks! I also googled what you have and its very similar to what I wrote and what Rose said. I do not mean to alarm you but most links I read mentioned that if you do not address "micro vascular ischemia" it can progress to a stroke and I would not want that to happen to you. Diabetes and hypertension led to my friend having a stroke(see film I linked earlier in thread). He survived and has recovered with minimal effects but some are not as lucky as he was. I'm glad you are having blood work done and I hope it gives you the answers you need. Side note: Google can scare you with medical stuff so double check with your own doctors.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

15. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

((((((JanetJas)))))) ~

How are you? I hope that you will check in just to let us know that you are okay.

Sending healing energy your way ~

Love & Light,

Rose

17. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123