Meds are causing skin problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meds are causing skin problems

The skin on the fingertips of right thumb and index finger is trying to break down,

I wear rubber gloves at all times with water, or cooking wet foods. I don’t wear them in shower and pool.

I put Udder cream on the skin after I dry it, several times a day. This has helped. Before that the skin was cracked,

I believe it’s from my anticholenergic Meds such as Baclofen, Tizanidine, synthroid, asthma meds.

The fingers always look like they’ve been in a pool for hours, wrinkly, and the skin dents inward.
    And feels funny.

Will see PCP this week about something else and will ask about it.

My sister rec Avon Footworks overnight cream . For cracked feet.

Anyone here have this problem and find success? This is messing with my head.

((((((Sunshine)))))) ~

We've been using Body Shop Hemp hand cream for many years.

Jim had dermatitis on his hands, and the doc prescribed a cortisone cream, which did nothing. The hemp cream cleared it up.

Our neighbor, who was in renal failure and on dialysis, had a body rash, which itched terribly. He and his wife tried everything. I brought over a tube of hemp cream, and he had immediate relief.

Jon has psoriasis on his neck and scalp. I use hemp cream on the patches, and the itching stops and the rash clears up within days with regular application.

It works.

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

What kind of gloves do you wear? I recommend nitrile gloves instead of latex. I don't know whether the powdered gloves would work for you, but it might help to keep your hands drier (if they sweat when you wear gloves).

Jim and I wear gloves constantly in caring for Jon. We order gloves by the case from:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

It's cheaper in the long run than buying them by the box in a store.

I hope you can get some relief soon.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Sunshine, the cream that Rose mentioned sounds interesting.

I know you are in the pool every day you don't go to the ocean. Do you think there is something in what they put in the water that could be doing it? However, I would think if that were the case your whole hand would have a problem or both of them.
      Virginia

Comment

The thumb and first finger? Might there be something you habitually handle, maybe exerting some pressure?

I mentioned corns that I treated myself but they didn't seem to be entirely gone. It seemed as if they were related to skin dryness on the soles of my feet, and I've been using Cetaphil cream on my soles twice a day lately. It does seem to keep the corns from getting worse though I can still tell that they're there --but they're far less obnoxious than they were.

A dermatologist recommended Cetaphil to me years ago and I'm quite fond of it for dry skin problems.

I'm glad a doctor will look at it. There might be something like a pinched nerve.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

I would think that if it were the whole hand, it might be the meds. But just two fingers? I think Agate might be on the right track - -something you're picking up with those fingers that is causing the problem. Is there some chemical you use on your gear to clean it that is causing it! It sounds like a contact dermatitis. ... something that is irritating just those fingers that come into contact with something....

Comment

The whole two hand looks dented and dehydrated. As does my mouth, eyes. ... But the thumb and forefinger look like the skin is about to crack. It’s the Meds. And that, combined with the constant use of the right hand to do simple daily things, I think causes this.

Comment

Working...
            X