Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223

Thread: OT June Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Well, my lady was coming very early this morning to power wash my deck and the front of my house and my walkway. She called at 8:30 and said she would not be here until 12:30. She came at 1:20. But that is alright, I didn't mind. I asked her which day she was coming to clean. She said "that's a good question". So she finally decided about 2:00 tomorrow. We'll see. I am really not complaining, but if she doesn't come at all I will be. If I had not said something I feel sure she would not have come this week. I think I need to get her a calendar and tell her to keep it in her car and write every appointment she has on it and look at it every day.

Neighbor also called this morning. First said she was coming up about 12:30, then said between 1:30 and 2:00. I waited for her until 3:30 and left. I went to the bank and then I stopped at Panera and got a turkey, bacon, avocado blt sandwich for supper tonight. I'll be glad when it is time to eat.
    Virginia

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Virginia, glad you got some things accomplished. Enjoy the sandwich.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

I just had my only meal of the day. It was the same meal I've had for the last three days, a bowl of oatmeal, and a glass of 0 calorie lemonade. Tomorrow, I get to have a real meal, but the oatmeal did keep me from going hungry.

I still have 2 checks to write tonight, and mail them with a check I wrote for my sister last night.

I won't get in that situation again. Being broke is the pits. But I didn't overdraft, or bounce any checks. That's what really matters.

Tonight, I'll go to bed early so I can hit the road at 7:00. I hope everyone had a great day!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I hate when people set an appointment..then don't keep it, and don't bother to call. Or show up late and don't apologize. I'm one of those people that...if I say I'm going to be there at 11 am., i'm sitting at the curb at 10:45 waiting until 10:59 to knock on your door! If my cleaning lady was consistently late she'd be replaced. the woman I have now..who has cleaned for me for years -- comes every other Thursday, regular as clockwork, 9 a.m. We've changed the time..and sometimes the day...over the years, but she's always here when she says she'll be here. And the few times that she hasn't been able to come (she's ill, or some crisis in her really large extended family, of which she's the matriarch), she's on the phone to me usually the day before, but at least very early in the morning, full of apologies and ready to re-schedule.

Neighbors, friends, workers, whoever -- if I set a time with you, you'd better keep it....or it'll be the last time you hear from me (unless of course I find out that you died on your way to the appointment.. :) at which time, of course, it WOULD be the last time you'd hear from me.. )

8. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It seems to me that I'm being treated with contempt if someone is consistently late or fails to show up. I've had helpers like yours, Virginia, but I wasn't very tolerant of their go-with-the-flow lifestyles, I'm afraid. I had the feeling that they were assuming I had nothing but time on my hands and nothing better to do than sit around waiting for them.

That seems insulting to me. It's a way of saying I'm not important at all. I happen to think that trying to take care of myself with MS acting up and old age setting in is a job that deserves more respect than that.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

10. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs down

Amen Agate. I hate nothing more than waiting.
    Last edited by Howie; 07-03-2018 at 07:55 AM.
    Evolution spans the Universe.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I think since Laura was not cleaning today and did not really need me, she just felt it didn't matter what time she came. And actually today it didn't. I do hope she comes tomorrow as promised. It is hard to get good people to help in or out of the house. I had one lady that I liked and then she decided her business had grown and she added someone. This lady liked to use her own cleaning supplies. I set and watched while the lady that she had got to help her dusted my furniture with the dirtiest Swiffer I have ever seen, and I had to ask her to dust under things. I went over my house myself after they left that day and I said she will never come back.

Laura is honest and she is clean. I do not have her do a lot of hard work in the house for me because she is only here two hours. I do most of the work, but I really need her for the things I can't do.

I was upset with my neighbor today. She has her own business in her home here in my community. It is a thriving business and just grows and grows. She has been very blessed in that respect. However, she is getting older now and I think it is causing her more and more stress. Still, it was she who initiated the call this morning and said she was coming up. I have not heard from her. She might have come while I was at the bank and the restaurant, but I had given her way past the latest she said it would be and just did not want to wait for her any longer. I figure I'll see her when I see her. I am like Cat if I say I am going to be somewhere I am there. If I get sick or something I call. Everyone is just not like that.
    Virginia

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes, the no-shows. I would get penalized if I didn't show up for scheduled rides. I'd be allowed a few no-shows, and then I'd be unable to schedule any more rides.

If I'm held to this strict standard, what's with these other people?

I'm glad you didn't wait around all day for the no-show neighbor, Virginia.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223