Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: OT June Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I'm all done with the car battery. It had a clamp holding it in. He took one screw out, and the battery just lifts right out. At least NOW I know. I went to the bank and store, and I'm set for awhile. I dun learnt sumpthin tuday!
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm all done with the car battery. It had a clamp holding it in. He took one screw out, and the battery just lifts right out. At least NOW I know. I went to the bank and store, and I'm set for awhile. I dun learnt sumpthin tuday!
    I've had this kind of thing happen too. You'd think they'd make that crystal clear on the packaging or in some handy-dandy instructions. But they probably didn't.

It's a rare instruction sheet that is clear and easy to understand.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I took a course in technical and scientific writing in the 80's. That stuff was so awfully dry and complex. The industries realized that they needed English speakers to write clear manuals even then. Things may have improved. More work to do.

I quickly decided to stay in the hospital though technical writers got paid a lot better than me.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Peg glad you got the cast off. I can't believe Nora is 17! Seems like yesterday she was born.

Howie I am glad you got the battery installed. I went to get my hair done in a monsoon. We have had heavy rains and high winds. About 60 mangoes got knocked off the back tree and some off the front one. Jeanie :)

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Peg, I'm glad you got rid of the cast! Good timing -- got rid of it before too much summer heat! :) Howie -- I'm glad you got your battery issue resolved. Having them install it is a good resolution. TC has given up trying to service our car...we have a local mechanic that we depend on for almost everything having to do with the car, now.

Got my hearing tested yesterday. My hearing has deteriorated significantly since I got my hearing aids 5 years ago. I should be getting new aids, but they cost $4,300 (for both), which is about $4,299 more than I have right now! :) The doctor tuned the ones I have and turned them up as loud as possible, which helps, but some sounds are annoyingly high and distracting. I'll start saving my pennies..maybe next year I'll get new ones.

We also went to a large fancy grocery store and stocked up on food that we can't get in our small local grocery store. It's always fun to see all sorts of foods that we enjoy...and some now grace our closet and freezer. I made sandwich wraps for lunch with tomato-basil wraps, and mixed greens, and decent ham, cheese and other lunch meat. And home made horseradish spread. Yumm..

Anyway. That's all the news from here.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Jeanie, Nora is 13! You scared me. She gets told that she looks 17.

Glad you were able to get out today.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Nora is 13--and I distinctly recall when she was born. Enjoying them while they're young because they won't be young for very long is a very good idea, and I think you've been doing that, Peg.

Hearing aids apparently last only about 5 years, or at least that's what my hearing aid provider told me when I'd had mine for 10 years and they gave out. I'm now past the 5-year point with these newer aids, and I'm bracing myself for hearing that they're going to need replacing, like yours, Catdancer.

I'm seriously thinking about looking into those low-cost sound-amplifying devices that some are saying do almost as good a job as hearing aids for some people.

I was flummoxed when I heard that aids typically last only about 5 years. At that skyhigh price, I assumed they'd last a lifetime.

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Soon after I got back from the battery place, I thought I would take a "little nap". I just woke up about 45 minutes ago, and made a meal. Now I'll stay up until 2 watching TV. That seems to be what I do even without naps.

I need to go to the bank tomorrow to put money in again. Avoiding an over draw. THEN I'm in for the weekend. Oh, my brother now owns the home he's been renting for 10 years. He is delighted!
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Howie, you seem to be a night owl.

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Peg, I'm glad you got rid of the cast! Good timing -- got rid of it before too much summer heat! :) Howie -- I'm glad you got your battery issue resolved. Having them install it is a good resolution. TC has given up trying to service our car...we have a local mechanic that we depend on for almost everything having to do with the car, now.

Got my hearing tested yesterday. My hearing has deteriorated significantly since I got my hearing aids 5 years ago. I should be getting new aids, but they cost $4,300 (for both), which is about $4,299 more than I have right now! :) The doctor tuned the ones I have and turned them up as loud as possible, which helps, but some sounds are annoyingly high and distracting. I'll start saving my pennies..maybe next year I'll get new ones.

We also went to a large fancy grocery store and stocked up on food that we can't get in our small local grocery store. It's always fun to see all sorts of foods that we enjoy...and some now grace our closet and freezer. I made sandwich wraps for lunch with tomato-basil wraps, and mixed greens, and decent ham, cheese and other lunch meat. And home made horseradish spread. Yumm..

Anyway. That's all the news from here.
    Check out hearing aids through Costco. I remember a news story about the good quality service and product. Wouldn’t that be wonderful!
    Linda
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

20. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast