Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Anniversary to Catdancer and TC, Lazarus and John, Cherie and David--June 1!

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Thanks for the good wishes from everyone.. today is a big work day getting ready for tomorrow’s farmers market. We really have everything ready...all the loads on the trailers and all the signs in each pot. At least that is the way it was until a few minutes ago. Then John came in with a handful of not quite developed but super yummy sugar snap peas. Drats! I think I will wait until next weekend to pick them but they are unique at this stage and it would have been really neat to be the only one in the market with peas. Too late in the day to start a big job.... but it is tempting.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Happy Anniversary, one and all🥂🌈🌻
    Be the person your dog thinks you are

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Thank you everyone. My laptop died on the first and we are still away from home with so so Internet.
    we went to the theater (Ain't Misbehavin') Thursday night then loaded the car and headed for the White Mountains. Stopped for lunch with our daughter and SIL just outside Boston then had dinner to celebrate at the Gypsy Cafe in Lincoln, NH. Yesterday was a day at the Lake here in Deer Park (boy did I get a sunburn!....I never go outside for long) and a long after dinner walk. Today David is off climbing Lincoln (4400+/- ft of elevation). Weather report doesn't look great for the rest of the week after today so we may head home before our planned departure on Wednesday.

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

TC and I had a lovely lunch with his sister/husband, and our best friends. I think they enjoyed it -- They don't eat much, but did have the restaurant package up the remainder to take home. (I'd think that if they didn't really like it they wouldn't have bothered..but who knows). Weather was really nice -- in the low 60's, and sunny.

Did I tell you about the roses? (No..not from TC). We were home Friday night. I had gone into the bathroom to start to get ready for bed, turned on the fan in there, and didn't hear any door bells. TC was dozing on the couch. About a half-hour later he woke up from his nap, remembered that he had left the lawn cart in the yard, went out to put it in the garage....and here was this box on the porch! He brought it inside: -- a dozen white roses from our friends, for our anniversary. Roses, a nice vase, a lovely card.

Now, if we hadn't gone out there, we wouldn't have found them until Saturday morning!! And it was after 5 p.m. on Friday night, because TC had been in the yard earlier and came in about 5, and there were no boxes then! So sometime between 5 and 7, FTD delivered them...but didn't know, didn't ring the bell..just dropped them and ran! Odd!

8. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How nice that anniversaries were observed!

Not so odd, maybe, about the FTD delivery. UPS and FedEX have been just leaving packages without bothering to notify the recipients here for some time now. I believe they're supposed to ring the bell or knock but they often don't. I'm sorry to learn that even flower deliveries are being left in that way.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I got a FedEX or UPS delivery in a big, tall box, and they left it standing up against the storm door. Luckily, I knew it wasn't breakable, so I just opened the storm door, and it fell to the bottom of the steps. I guess they hire for honesty, not intelligence.
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

So nice Cat that you got flowers and found them before they wilted. I am glad all of you enjoyed the lunch.

Cherie, sounds as though your anniversary was also nice - with daughter and her husband. Have a safe journey home.
    Virginia

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Good stories!

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Joe and I will be married 47 yrs June 23rd,, ,, we don't make a big deal about it,, plus its in the middle of haying,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

18. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Peg,
    I know all too well how the seasons of farming have their own rhythms that sometimes get in the way of special days. However, we know how special that relationship is , in part due to how long it has lasted and also due to the great kids, grandkids, Springers, horses and community get togethers that you so generously share with us.

We came home today because the forecast in NH was for 40s and rain for the next 3 days. Dave has a couple of properties that are due to close within the next couple of weeks and a new listing starting this coming weekend and another next weekend so has lots to do to get ready for all of that. Then, on the way home, someone he had sold a house to 20 years ago called to ask him to come over and list the house cause they were retiring to FL and had bought a house down there. His dry spell seems to have ended. Still holes in memory but we do have another visit with a neurologis in the Memory and Aging Clinical trial program at the end of this month.

My Surface Pro 3 died Friday while we were away and I spent nearly 2 hours on the phone with Microsoft support this evening. My extended warranty ran our 2 and a half months ago. I have had my original Surface and THREE replacements under warranty during that time. Because of that history, they are giving me a new surface Pro4 tomorrow but I have to drive to Natick , MA to the Microsoft store there (closest one to me) to turn in the defunct machine and pick up the new and pay the difference. You can bet, with that history, that I will buy the complete protection plan. I really love the way it handles and the fact that it is so light weight and works beautifully when it works. Apparently they stopped making and selling the Pro 3 due to so many problems. So...I have an appointment at noon with them to set up the new system.

20. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast