Thread: Vinegar Reduced My Seizures

Distinguished Community Member

Default Vinegar Reduced My Seizures

Hi Folks,

It's been a long time since I've posted here and I wish all of you well. I wanted to let you know I started using apple cider vinegar that has mother in it this past Feb. to lose weight
    and to my surprise it has reduced my seizures almost 50%. I take 2 tablespoons of vinegar in the morning and then drink some fluids coffee or juice and it fills me up but it has
    also reduced the seizures. If any of you want to lose weight and try and reduce your seizures give it a try. Wishing you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

2. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Sue)))))) ~

What fantastic news! I'm so happy for you!

I know that apple cider vinegar is supposed to be beneficial for digestion, but I never realized that it could reduce seizures! That's amazing!

What else are you taking to reduce your seizures?

May this continue for you and may your seizures continue to decrease!

God Bless You!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

4. The following user says "thanks"

Hi ((( Rose))) ,

Take my word I was just as amazed when my seizures were reduced and the Dr. is still trying to figure this out.
    Right now I'm taking vimpat, mysoline, Diamox, and CBD (medical marijuana) for my seizures. I started the medical marijuana 2 yrs. ago and that
    really helped me a lot. My Epileptologist told me to start using it after they did a DNA test on me and found I was drug resistant to all seizure meds out
    on the market right now.
    I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Blog Entries

Hi Porkette,

While I was in my hospital bed, I was doing a lot of reading and research on different techniques of interruptions and interventions that can, or have been successfully used to stop different types of seizures. Each one has in common a extreme stimulus to one or more of the senses at the very onset of the seizure. To be successful, it must be instigated when the onset is at a partial seizure, or beginning absence phase. (Possibly during Inter cranial spike) this is my guess, based on my experience. The technique known as Startle and Shake. Where one grabs the person by the shoulders, shakes them, and yells their name can be effective. Again, it needs to be done immediately at onset.

I had forgotten about these. I had first read about them before in the book Epilepsy; A New Aproach by Adrienne Richard & Dr Joel Reiter
    This was what first made me attempt to try to fight off my seizures some 25 or more years ago.
    I still use techniques published in that book.
    I even remember chapter one being named after the olfactory stimulus that the person used to stop her seizures!

”The Woman Who Sniffed Jasmine”

One of the best epilepsy books in my collection!
    Firehorse

7. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Hi Firehorse,

It's great to hear from you and I want to thank you for sharing your info. regarding this book I will have to check it out. Years ago back in the 1970's my neuro I had then told me that
    the moment I started to feel a seizure start coming on to tighten up all the muscles in my body and make my hands into tight fists for a few seconds. If I did it quick enough it stopped
    my seizures. I've been using that method also for many yrs. Here's wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

9. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Firehorse View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi Porkette,

While I was in my hospital bed, I was doing a lot of reading and research on different techniques of interruptions and interventions that can, or have been successfully used to stop different types of seizures. Each one has in common a extreme stimulus to one or more of the senses at the very onset of the seizure. To be successful, it must be instigated when the onset is at a partial seizure, or beginning absence phase. (Possibly during Inter cranial spike) this is my guess, based on my experience. The technique known as Startle and Shake. Where one grabs the person by the shoulders, shakes them, and yells their name can be effective. Again, it needs to be done immediately at onset.

I had forgotten about these. I had first read about them before in the book Epilepsy; A New Aproach by Adrienne Richard & Dr Joel Reiter
    This was what first made me attempt to try to fight off my seizures some 25 or more years ago.
    I still use techniques published in that book.
    I even remember chapter one being named after the olfactory stimulus that the person used to stop her seizures!

”The Woman Who Sniffed Jasmine”

One of the best epilepsy books in my collection!
    WOW! Now I have to read about this even though I don't have epilepsy. My guess is the stimulus re directs the brain activity somehow but I would not be sure how it works at all.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Hi Folks,

I hope all of you are doing well. I just wanted to update you on how the vinegar has been helping me. So far this yr. I've only had 33 seizures and last yr. (2017) I had 55 seizures so I know the
    vinegar has helped me out a lot and the seizures are either absences or auras no complex partials since I started with the vinegar. Here's wishing all of you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

12. The following user says "thanks"

Community Member

Hi Porkette,
    That's great news! Who would have thought that apple cider vinegar would help with your seizures? It's even more strange that the docs don't know why this is helping you. Or is that strange? Sometimes they seem to be in the dark. I may have mentioned it on here before, but I finally found my "cure" on here. I asked my neurologist years ago if we had ever tried keppra? He said we had not. So I tried keppra with topamax that I was taking at the time and I have been seizure free for 8+ years now. I am so glad that is working for you.
    Gene

Hi Gene,

Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad that the Keppra and Topamax are working well for you both of these meds increased my seizures so I didn't stay on them long plus the keppra gave me a hot temper.
    I found out that in the vinegar with mother it has a protein and a healthy bacteria and I think this is what is helping reduce my seizures. It's wonderful that you have been seizure free for 8 yrs. I hope you
    stay seizure free for life. Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue