Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Telemetry again...

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Firehorse,
    I wanted to wish you the best of luck with the EEG! I only have experience with EKG instead but I completely understand how you feel in regards to testing. I have every confidence you will do well! Keep us updated! btw is this one of your posts about controlling seizures on the forum? http://braintalkcommunities.org/entry.php/37-Control If not it may help you anyway. :)
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

2. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Yes funnylegs, you found my old post detailing my experience with fighting seizures! Thatís probably the best one I have ever put in text. Iím glad itís there. My memory only will degrade with time...

Hi Porkette, great to hear from you. I have heard other people having success stopping seizures using a type of technique that involves a strong Ďdistractioní, by stimulating one or more of the senses. The first I remember was from the book, Epilepsy; A New Approach, by Adrienne Richard & Dr. Joel Reiter MD. The first chapter ďThe Woman Who Sniffed Jasmine.
    In this case you have used similar techniques, finding what works for you.

Okay well, I am all attatched, and stuck in my bed, or chair. I am not supposed to get up with out calling for observation. I had forgotten how annoying this can get! I have been here about 36 hours, and so far no events of interest. Sleep deprivation starts tonight. I will be up late tonight!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Firehorse

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Firehorse View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes funnylegs, you found my old post detailing my experience with fighting seizures! That’s probably the best one I have ever put in text. I’m glad it’s there. My memory only will degrade with time...

Hi Porkette, great to hear from you. I have heard other people having success stopping seizures using a type of technique that involves a strong ‘distraction’, by stimulating one or more of the senses. The first I remember was from the book, Epilepsy; A New Approach, by Adrienne Richard & Dr. Joel Reiter MD. The first chapter “The Woman Who Sniffed Jasmine.
    In this case you have used similar techniques, finding what works for you.

Okay well, I am all attatched, and stuck in my bed, or chair. I am not supposed to get up with out calling for observation. I had forgotten how annoying this can get! I have been here about 36 hours, and so far no events of interest. Sleep deprivation starts tonight. I will be up late tonight!
    Ah! Great! I loved that post so much! How is the EEG going? Do you have to not move to prevent the electrodes from not falling off? I'm just curious.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((firehorse)))))) ~

I've been thinking of and praying for you. I hope that all is going well for you.

The blog link funnylegs4 provided is by David Hosobuchi. Are you David?! If so, I've been here 18 years, and I somehow missed that!

Looking forward to your update ~ healing energy on the way to you~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12