Thread: My pain is enormous

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default My pain is enormous

My back and my legs are in agony. No matter how or where I sit my back is constantly throbbing. I am waiting for the call from my Pain Management clinic to set up back injections. My pain doc says that there is very little chance of them working but I will try almost anything at this point. He also is trying to help me get aqua therapy but I am pretty sure that the insurance will turn it down.

I don't dare go to the ER. Thank God for the MMJ because that is the only thing that makes it all tolerable. That keeps me from tears all day long. I do have my break downs now and then everyday but I know there is something out there that will help. Any out there who have had Ablations done on their lower back? Can it cause nerve damage in my legs and feet?

2. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Sorry you are suffering, Chris.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Houghchrist - having talked to a number of People who have had back surgery - I would use one word regarding abalations ( or any other procedure) -DON'T - My understanding is back surgery has an 80% FAILURE rate - do a search on failed back surgery syndrome - even though my legs and feet are either numb or screaming at me (hard to say which is worse) I will not let them cut on me. Good luck and I hope the injections help.
    Hope this finds you as well as you can be.
    Blessings
    Skypilot Steve AKA Alex44

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

I think you can try taking massages. It may help you.

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lyla thank you for the suggestion. I am going to see if I got PT if that is what they would offer me. I could do it then. I think I would benefit greatly from like even twice a month fibro massage. Hard to find anyone who is familiar with it. Guess I should make some calls again.

Alex as always good to hear from you. My back, legs, knees and feet scream at me daily, that is along with my fibro and arthritis chiming in. I get no pain meds because I use MMJ. The MMj helps a lot of my other issues but the bulk of my pain is too big. If I had something to take the screaming away just for a little bit each day I would be doing fantastic. I do still have Percocet ER left over from a script back in January but I feel like I have so few left that I have to be doing something monumental in order to take one because I know I am getting no more. I have even considered quitting the MMJ just to get some med relief but then I would suffer greatly in other areas, especially mentally. My lovely insurance has decided that since I need another back injection the first must not have worked so they are denying until a peer to peer from my pain doc. I plan to call them and see if that has been done. I have researched the nerve ablation and it is a minor procedure. I am afraid to have it done. Stuff happens to me lol. Usually not good.

10. The following user says "thanks"