No announcement yet.

Keep on Moving Club: May 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunshine, that sounds like a doctor that's in it for the money, not to help his patients. I wouldn't go back either.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Sorry you suffered from that, Sunshine.

ANN
      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
        Can you tell any differences on low walk days?
        I'm not sure but I think that on the low walk days, I'm more likely to wake up at night with leg cramps. Many mornings I wake up with a leg cramp but it's always so mild that I can work out of it in mere seconds, not like the long-lasting severe ones I used to have.

It's more bothersome when these leg cramps, even these mild ones, wake me up in the middle of the night. That seems more apt to happen after days when I haven't walked much.
        Last edited by agate; 05-30-2018, 08:16 AM.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

I used to get horrible leg cramps when I was a kid. It would wake me from my sleep, and the only way to make it stop was put the foot down, the toes and the foot would be pointing straight down, then stand on it and force my foot into a normal position. In those days, it was from over doing it.
          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Howie, I met a woman in the grocery store last week. She was buying 2 bunches of bananas and a mango. She said she got terrible leg cramps at night and so she'd eat a banana and it would go away. Cheap and tasty medicine if it works for you.

ANN

Comment

Tried it. Tried mustard. Only muscle relaxers work so Far!

Comment

I had PT today. I was 8 minutes late because of a Verizon truck in the middle of a one way street that would not move to accommodate anyone - no cones, no flagger, no police. That took the extra time o/w I would have been there early.

The PT came to the waiting room and suggested we cancel as it would be a short session but count as a visit toward Medicare allotment. I said we needed to go forward as it costs me $20 each way. So she suggested we have an abbreviated visit and then she'd set me up on a stepper (gym equipment). She suggested changing all of my visits to 45" appointments and she would pick some gym thing to do after each to make it more worth the trip. I think it's a good plan.

We did variations of four exercises. And then the ergonomic stepper that uses arms and legs at a 5 difficulty out of 10. It was hard. I did 10 minutes which seemed long and got up to 78 steps a minute.

Muscles in groin, calves, chest and lower legs burned. I hope I build some new muscle.

Because we changed to all 45" appts, I go back tomorrow at 11:30. I like more recovery time but on short notice there was no choice.

When I got home, I called the salon and moved my hair appt from tomorrow to today. And I walked the 3 blocks there and back. While I was gone, I ran the DW and when I got back I put a load of laundry in. Then I had a hot-ish bath w Epsom salts.

Peter says I get anything I want for supper. ;-)
                ANN
                Last edited by stillstANNding; 05-30-2018, 02:00 PM.

Comment

You certainly deserve anything you want Ann. You did really good today, and now got to do it again tomorrow.
                  Virginia

Comment

I am exhausted, Virginia, and I'm not looking forward to setting my alarm.

ANN

Comment

I might ask for a back rub with that lobster dinner...

You’ve accomplished so much! Just e careful and listen to your own body. We can’t count on our PTs to list n to our body.

Comment

Here we are the last day of the month already.

Today I swam 21.5 minutes, and it was 693 Yards.

Comment

Working...
                        X