Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving Club: May 2018

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stillstANNding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't have this problem w Uber. Passengers rate drivers so they readily comply.

ANN
    It's a problem--we can tell people who are paid to do a job how we want the job done, but we can't very well tell our family or friends. We can, but it's very very difficult usually.

A while back I learned that the system that enables disabled people to have home helpers allows relatives of the disabled person to be home helpers, treated exactly the same as any other home helper.

This works for many people, or seems to. But I'm glad I've never really had to go that route. I'd have trouble thinking of a relative (or spouse) as an employee I could give instructions to.

Maybe that's just my problem and other people see it as a problem--?

That would be true of a friend too. Some of the helpers I had became personal friends later. After they'd left the job they had no problem calling me, coming to visit sometimes. I even hired a couple of them occasionally to take me to a couple of places not allowed by the system as "essential errands." They were friends I was employing because they needed money and I wanted to go on the errands, and that worked well enough, but if I'd had to give them an instruction they might have balked at--that they turn on the air conditioning in the car, for instance, if they didn't want to--I couldn't have done it. I'd have had no problem with a person who'd been sent by an agency who wasn't a friend or relative though.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Swam 1/4 in 13.5 minutes. Did I say how much IVIG helps?

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Sunshine, that is so wonderful!

Ann, speaking of Uber - there has been a little bit of a problem here. I am not sure if it is wide spread or just a very few people. Anyway, several people have reported that they get extra charges on their bills a few days after they ride when they did not do anything. One lady reported hers to a local TV station. They went out to investigate and took the same route she had taken on Uber. It was only a 4.58 minute ride. She had not wanted to look for parking where she was going. The Uber driver said in addition to whatever he accused her of doing in the car that caused the cleaning fee that she also wanted to stop at a service station to get a bottle of water. The lady on the TV station said there wasn't a service station or any kind of quick stop place that they could have stopped at.

She then started checking into it and found that there were others who were getting $100.00 to $150.00 on their bill that they could not understand. I hope it is very isolated and not wide spread.
    Last edited by Virginia; 05-17-2018 at 04:25 PM.
    Virginia

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Yes, Virginia, I have heard of a "cleaning fee scam." I hope Uber returned the money. It's not a perfect system but it is better than taxis.

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well.

Cat, great that you like all of your doctors. That's rare. I'm pretty happy w mine, too.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Today Inswam just under 15 minutes. A 1/4 mile plus 66 Yards. Would’ve gone a few more minutes, but had to save some legs to drive to store.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Today was surfing day. I woke up with a bad spasm, right ankle turned almost 90 degrees. Immediately took extra Tizanidine. My ride was due at 6:30. Spasm settled down in30 minutes.

I was worried about surfing because of the spasm. But, my husband said if I got in trouble he would drive down, pick me up and take me home. He knows how much fun it is for me to surf N Sea my friends.

That was a good decision. It was when is those dreamy days where there were thunderstorms in the distance and the water was A light turquoise Color. The waves were gentle, mostly Knee to thigh high with occasional larger ones coming through. The interval was very short but there was not much wind so it wasn’t all chopped up. Halfway through, a light rain started which glassed over the waves. They were just beautiful.

I took in four waves. My last wave was the ticket. The first wave would’ve been great but my pop-up is no longer automatic and so my feet were placed wrong on the board, causing me to fall off the back. That was instructive. After that, I learned not to rely on doing it automatically. I consciously put my feet in the right place.

Knowing I would only be able to surf for a few more minutes, I spotted a wave and thought, “that will have to do!“ It was a wonderful knee to thigh high wave That I caught just right. My foot placement was good. I was able to glide down the face of the wave and turned to the left to make a nice floaty ride.

The ocean was alive today. A spinner shark leapt out of the water next to my friend. It takes your breath away to watch this happen.

Lots of fun things happened today. And I didn’t spasm.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 05-19-2018 at 03:30 PM.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You just go with the flow, Sunshine.

It's wonderful how you juggle your meds and your plans so you can be sure to make the surfing time work well for you.
    Last edited by agate; 05-19-2018 at 03:05 PM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Swam 1/4 mile in 13 minutes today. It’s a real mood lifter.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I got to swim today 1/4 mile 13.5 minutes. The pool is still a chilly 77F because of all the clouds and rain for the past week from that low that tried to become a tropical system. Thank goodness for neoprene.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Is the neoprene because that temperature would cause you to spasm? I don't think the ocean here, notoriously cold, ever gets to 77.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast