No announcement yet.

Keep on Moving Club: May 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the legs never did settle down. Took an extra half Tizanidine. I shouldn’t be done all that library walking. Lesson learned!

Comment

I did 3 loads of laundry in the cellar yesterday plus I had the kittens down to the first floor (and back) 3 times. That's a lot of steps.

Today, I did the same with the kittens and two more loads of laundry. It wasn't that much laundry just things that needed to be washed separately. Tonight, we went to Home Depot for geraniums for MIL's front steps. Then to supper at Chipolte and to the grocery store for a few things.

Many, many steps. Too many. Bed soon.

ANN
      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Is there any way you could spread the laundry out so you do a load one day and another load on another day, and so on?

I was always keen on putting two washer loads into one dryer and saving on dryer time that way, but I finally got rid of that idea when I realized that two loads of laundry a day were tiring. Just the extra reaching and sorting and folding, I guess.

Now I make a point of trying never to do more than one load in any one day. I do about 3 loads a week but on different days. It means extra steps to/from the laundry but I need the steps to get my pedometer score up anyway.

I often have to do some careful planning to find days for laundry but it's been worth the effort. I also try not to do laundry on days when I have an appointment or some housework like vacuuming to do. Just to spread the physical effort out over time.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

As we all know, doing laundry is like plotting out a war!

Comment

Yes indeed. Sock those socks!
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Sunshine is surfing this weekend. I imagine today as tomorrow is Mother's Day. I'm looking forward to her report.

ANN

Comment

Surfing is life.

Today was the day ,since tomorrow Mother’s Day ,will be stormy. My crew surfs on all holidays including even Christmas, New Years, Rose Hashanah, Thanksgiving. So, Mother’s Day is no exception. But not in the forecasted weather. ...Although there were those two times we surfed in lightning....

The ocean was up to 78F , pretty clean until the wind got on it and chopped it up, knee to thigh high with a rare waist high, medium interval. Outgoing Mid tide. Cloudy, about 74. That kept the swimmers away.

Only a dozen in the ocean! And four were my crew. The bait fish and small sharks were running by.

My surf buddy drove me and the other two helped get me to water, cleaned me up, stowed my board etc. what a blessing!

I lasted an hour with two 10 minute breaks to settle shin chatter down.

I caught several waves. The best was a waist high wave I paddled for—-was just on the cusp of catching it—-that close,...thinking oh man,oh man, don’t waste this paddle, just pop up and pray....so I popped up, felt the board teeter, ...and lifted my front foot and stomped down on the board nose ....Victory! That tipped the board down the face of the wave. Such a rush! Witnessed!

Surfing is about so many things in addition to the surfing itself.. Fellowship,adventure, witnessing nature’s majesty, immersing in water, prayer, dilation of time, being in the moment.

The rest of day will be lying down to settle down the spasticity....but it was worth it!

Each surf morning I wake up dreading it. I feel so awful , all the time, that it’s a Herculean task to want to leave the comfort of home. But I always have fun, and so I just coach myself to go knowing that.

Comment

Thank you, Sunshine, I enjoyed that very much.

ANN

Comment

Sunshine, I also enjoyed it. I think surfing must also, in addition, to the things you named be a good mental exercise.
                    Virginia

Comment

Yes indeed. It’s an exercise in managing fear and patience.

Comment

I swam 19 minutes, 613 Yards. Got out as soon as the muscles started to “stretch” on their own. Rested.

Comment

This is a nice tutorial on catching a wave for beginners who are ready to graduate from whitewater.

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Comment

So that's all there is to it. Why I can do that!!!!
                            Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
                              This is a nice tutorial on catching a wave for beginners who are ready to graduate from whitewater.

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                              That was lovely. But I'm not quite ready to graduate from whitewater...

Comment

Whitewater is where most of us start to some extent...

Comment

Working...
                                X