Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving Club: May 2018

Distinguished Community Member

There is surfing on live on CBS now. Started at 2PM. WSL Founders' Cup.

Watching isn't moving but I'm a fan now.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

That's using a wave machine, so each wave is identical to the last one. I prefer watching the real thing.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I agree, Howie, I missed the real ocean.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Agate your steps were wonderful. My problem is that I do too much in one day and then I am just kind of out of it for the next 2 to 3 days. All I can do today is sit or lay around.

Ann, you say you couldn't do what I do, but remember I can only do this by getting back in the car for short burst to let my legs get a little bit rested. I wouldn't even attempt the art museum. I do miss it though. If I don't get everything done when I go out I know I am going to have to go back so I push myself. You can always ask Peter to do something if you forget it.

But since we are not competing with anyone but ourselves I think we are all doing what we can. I can see Agate getting stronger and Sunshine doing more now, and it really makes me feel good.
    Virginia

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

That is a very sweet post Virginia!

Yes, I saw that wave machine competition yesterday. It is so boring! It would be like watching a hunter practice shooting at a shooting range, rather than following him in the woods, watching him stalk prey with a bow and arrow etc.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I went surfing today. It was a perfect day: the water and air are warming up, so only lightweight easy to remove neoprene was possible. The waves were knee to waist high plus, a decent interval, clean and semi glassy, very light breeze with partly sunny warm skies. What more could I want?

My girlfriend drove me down and dragged me in the beach chair to the ocean. Another friend cleaned me up and drove me home out of her way to get me back home.

The love shown to me by group and others at the beach is stunning.

I did get about 4 rides, and a couple of fails where my timing was off and the wave rolled under me. Usually that doesn’t matter, just paddle back out and try again. But, I only get a certain amount of paddling, so each failed wave reduces the amount of time in the water.

My last wave was the better wave. I caught it right, felt the board accelerate, scrambled up and rode it a bit before it died due to inability to push my forward foot more toward the end of the nose to increase acceleration and shift weight forward. Oh well!

I regretted passing up a perfect waist high plus wave that a dude called out for me. I am not sure why I passed on it, except it was at the end of the session, and I was already getting complaints from my legs. So, it shook my confidence and I decided to just pass on it and then paddle back in with no wave. I should’ve done it and risked a spasm. Next time I will.

I am sure we all have experiences that our healthy self would’ve instantly grabbed for. But now, with a broken down body, are not so sure it’s doable.
    Whether its surfing a wave, accepting an invitation for an outing with a friend, and so forth.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, though you got disappointed, it is still so great that you were able to spend that time with friends and in the water that you love so much! Just think, you are doing something (maybe not as good as you use to) that most of us on here probably have never done. At least I haven't.
    Virginia

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I swam 1/4 mile 13 minutes at home today. Pool is now up to 80F, so if no unforeseen problems, will be swimming at home until around October with the first chill down.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

duplicate post

18. The following user says "thanks"

Swam 1/4 mile early morning home.

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast