Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Keep on Moving Club: May 2018

Distinguished Community Member

My goodness Ann, you really are walking like someone who doesn't have MS. That is a lot. Talk about people getting chocolate. Have all you want - tomorrow of course. It is a little too late for tonight. I guess you might have MIL errands tomorrow. You were probably just getting in shape today so you could make all the three grocery stores and tea.
    Virginia

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Thanks, Virginia. I have a particular muscle, I think the gracilis on the inside of my R leg above the knee just killing me tonight. Makes everything else seem fine.

Tomorrow is the groceries, lunch and two cemeteries to plant Memorial Day flowers. It is supposed to be humid sonI may stay home. I don't like to miss a day w Peter but I might.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) My ramp got fixed in a half hour. I came straight home and took a nap. Washed one load of clothes. Jeanie :)

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My goodness Ann, you really are walking like someone who doesn't have MS. That is a lot. Talk about people getting chocolate. Have all you want - tomorrow of course. It is a little too late for tonight
    "Too late" for chocolate? But I understood that it's never too late for chocolate!

Virginia, you're so right about polishing. I decided to polish just a few pieces of furniture today but I kept being unable to press the spray can, or I pressed it wrong. It was comical. I sprayed furniture polish all over the phone by mistake, managed to drop the modem on the floor, and accidentally opened my pillbox and pills flew all over.

I have a feeling none of this would have happened if I hadn't had to press down on the cloth just to do the polishing. Anything involving exerting pressure with my arms is really difficult. Dusting is much easier.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Agate, glad I am not the only one who does that with pills. And who can get on the floor to pick them up!! Surly not many of us...including me.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It was ANN here (stillstANNding) who suggested a rubber band around the pillbox to keep its little doors shut, and that worked well with the pillbox I had at the time.

Now that I'm in this study I have to use the pillbox they provide, which has a sensor on it. It's different from any pillbox I'd have chosen, and I'm still getting used to it. There may be a way to use a rubber band on it too. It would need to be a very large rubber band or else 7 very small ones. I may have some very large rubber bands.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I went surfing today in preparation for the rainstorm from TS Alberto tomorrow. The forecasted wave condition looked junky as did the webcam. But, you gotta go before you really know. So , go we did.

As promised, the waves were small, about knee to thigh high, very short 5 second interval, choppy. The ocean was chilled to 76 ;and it was cloudy. So I was glad to be wearing some rubber.

Due to the junky waves, there were only about ten in the water, and several of them were our crew. So the male/female ratio was 1:1.... always a pleasure to have lots of women in the water, and we usually all know each other. There is a sisterhood out there.

We traded some funny surfing stories about guys, making the sisterhood bond even stronger.

One of them spotted a shark today, hard to see due to the murkiness. But it was a small shark, so she didn't bother to move over.

It was glorious to be in the salt water, and I feel so lucky to have friends who make it happen. I cannot drive that far after exercise and so some of my surfer friends go out of their way by 90 minutes to make it happen. They cut into their own fun time to pull the wheelchair around to the water, and leave before I turn into a pumpkin. Its a team effort.

I got several on the stomache, and my rule is I gotta get at least one ride standing. There was a fail when the wave rolled under me. Then I got my ride for the day, paddled hard for it, popped up to the feet and rode it until it died, about 10 seconds later. Some old salts on the beach, waved their arms and cheered me. So sweet!

Seems like I am tolerating more exercise the past couple of months in terms of leg spasticity. Sure, it takes an entire day and night of rest afterwards, but it’s worth it.

I am thinking of everyone here, and how we all seem to push the envelope of our illness in our own way. Some of the envelopes are much more narrow than others, suffocatingly so. And yet, even those envelopes are stretched by sheer will.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I love to go surfing with you! I so enjoy it. Many thanks and good on you.

You are right about pushing limits and that it is different for all of us. And there is payback!

I think you used to say you had "MS-Lite." I wish that were true.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Thanks ANN. ... I do believe that the disability is due to Stiff Person Syndrome and not the MS. My neuro thinks it also.

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Agate, I know it's not funny with the pills, I've done it. However, wouldn't it make a good comedy film if someone were filming it. At least for others. When it has bothered me the most is when I drop coins in the grocery store because even if I can bend over enough to reach them my fingers just can not pick them up.

Sunshine, what a good morning. Now, if they come along with something for SPS you could really hit some good waves.

Ann, hope you felt like going with Peter and MIL today, but sounds like a lot to me.

I went to grocery store. The weather was beautiful, sunny and not REAL hot, just a little. I was in there quite awhile and when I got up to the check out counter I glanced out the window and it was raining so hard the water was puddling up all over the parking lot. I thought surly it couldn't last long. I checked out and went to the door and stood for ages and it just kept coming down. Finally, I had to get wet because I had some ice cream that was definitely going to melt. I got so wet going to the car and putting the groceries in. I had a cooler in the trunk to keep the ice cream until I came home.

After putting all the groceries in the trunk I called ahead to a restaurant and ordered some food to go. I had grilled salmon salad with raspberry vinegar dressing. They gave me such a large salad that I would have enough for tomorrow, but I am planning to go to Nephew's for grilling out. I doubt that salad will last until Monday. Too bad. It had mixed greens, carrots, red onions, feta cheese, walnuts, pine nuts and all sorts of things.
    Virginia

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast