Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: May Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Sorry to hear about the precious jewelery, Cherie. I hope it is found.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

I'm sorry you lost your jewelry. It probably is not likely that it will make it's way home.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cherie, loosing pieces of jewelry is bad, but loosing irreplaceable heirlooms is worse. Sorry.

Howie, hope you are enjoying the rain. We have had on and off heavy showers today, but after they come the rain comes out. They have been heavy enough that I hear them on my skylight which I enjoy. I like rainy days. I am just weird I guess.
    Virginia

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry you lost your jewelry. It probably is not likely that it will make it's way home.
    My thinking too. The Cruise line was looking for the box it was in and any contents. They were not and would not look for individual pieces.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

As far as grief goes I am so grateful that when I unexpectedly lost my Mother in her 60s, I had my husband to try and help see me through it. I thought it was by far the worse think that a person could possibly face. But then I faced something even worse when I lost my husband, and I had to do it totally alone, but really no one could do it for me anyway. I think I was worse off the 2nd year than the first because reality was beginning to set in. I read a lot about grief during both these episodes in my life, and some times I remember reading something where I would see myself on every page. The one thing that I remember reading in most every book I read was that while you think you are going backwards that is part of the process and you are actually moving forward. I tried to hold on to that, but most times I didn't think I could.

We are all so much stronger than we think we are.
    Virginia

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Virginia, I like rainy days too. But the forecast is calling for rain everyday for a week or more. We'll see how much I like the rain then.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Losing jewelry is so hard. Heartsick is a good word for it. Jewelry is like part if family, especially heirlooms

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

IVIG was all day today. Done.

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was scheduled to go to a routine doctor's appointment today but am glad in a way that it didn't happen.

I'd already had the lab work that was to be discussed at the appointment.

I was going to ask the doctor about the new shingles vaccine and about whether there should be an occasional check of my vitamin D level since I'm taking 5,000IU daily. Most of all, I was counting on this doctor visit for a diabetic foot exam--required so I can get diabetic shoes, which are needed just now as I've had some foot problems probably related to improper shoes.

The podiatrist appointment is in early June. I needed to have this primary care doctor's chart notes on record before then.

Yesterday it occurred to me that I really ought to call that clinic and make sure that they realize I need a diabetic foot exam. The MyChart information tells me it's overdue but nobody has said anything about it otherwise. So I called.

The person on the phone said, "That appointment for Wednesday no longer exists."

I had already made several calls just to arrange for rides to/from the appointment and had rearranged a number of things to make room for it. Ride cancellations aren't appreciated, of course.

My regular primary care doctor has been on leave for several months, returning in July (supposedly). I had been given the name of her replacement doctor and was scheduled to see her today.

But yesterday I learned that she wasn't there, wasn't going to be there, and they had no idea why I hadn't been notified. If I hadn't decided to call yesterday, I'd have gone there today and been told I had no appointment, and had to go back home and return again some other time.

This person was going to try to find some way I could be seen today. Yesterday passed with no call from her. Late in the afternoon I called her, only to learn that they were "still looking."

I suggested rescheduling instead. So now I'm going in for another appointment and having to reschedule rides, and they gave me another doctor's name.

I keep having this happen. I had an excellent doctor in Tacoma for over 20 years but she was often out for a year or more because she had a bad leg--and there was a leave so she could look after her sister who had cancer.

Then here I had an excellent doctor but she was often out for many months with breast cancer. She returned and seemed better but decided to move away.

I've been with this new doctor for a couple of years now but she's now on maternity leave.

Doctors do have ill family members and their own illnesses and do have babies. I seem to have had quite a few doctors who aren't around much.

Still, it encourages me to stay away from doctors since I never know if I even have one.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

18. The following 9 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Agate,,i think you r so right,,, happens to me too,,Cherie I hope u find w hat is lost,,

so I went to my doc , he removed the cast, and put a Velcro wrap, /on it,,healing good,, 3 weeks stiches come out

weather finally is warm and sunny ,farmers have yet to plant in our area southern iowa has though

later then,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

20. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast