No announcement yet.

OT: May Chit Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would blame the cats. Sam just loves to reach up and push the keys. It's almost an obsession. I have a laptop, and always close the lid when I'm not using it. Cats!
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Catdancer View Post
      What I hate is when I think I have my computer set where I want it....and then somehow, overnight, a setting gets changed. When I log in the next day, something is askew, and I didn't do it, don't know how that happened. None of the cats will confess to meddling with it, and I know TC hasn't touched it (he's a computer-phobe), so how did that happen??
      Happens to me overnight with iPad. Weirdest thing!

Comment

I wouldn't trust my iPad settings to last more than a few minutes. It goes all haywire on me for no reason. I have a lot to learn yet about the iPad.

But the PC changing its settings somehow overnight--I've noticed that happening since I got this new computer running Windows 10. Not so much of a problem with the old WinXP computer I had before. Windows 10 seems to be more "open" to access from Dell (this is a Dell PC) and Norton Antivirus for updates. I'm often interrupted by an announcement that some update is about to start. I wonder if those updates that involve changes to the basic operating system may be the reason why some settings "slip."

To do some of the updates, they may restore original settings here and there, and I guess the user has to find that out and change them back because they don't usually mention that that might happen.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

One morning last year, I woke up to find copies spewed from our copier/fax machine on the office floor. When I picked them up, they were addressed to our next door neighbors, and they were insurance quotes! You know, confidential stuff!

We do not use a router; we are ethernet, because being wireless caused us problems similar to this years ago. We do not want WIFI whatever that is.

We folded the papers, put them in an envelope, knocked on their door, and no one answered. So Jim put it in their mailbox, without a note of explanation! I haven't seen them since then, but when I do, I'll explain.

We have no idea how this happened, but it's further proof to us that nothing is safe anymore, and privacy is nonexistent.

Plus, I think that there are gremlins coming through the tubes, just to mess with us.

That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it!

Love & Light,

Rose
          Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

WiFi=Wireless Fidelity
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

You might even have wi-fi without realizing it. That's what happened to me. I told the Internet installation guy at the time I signed up for CenturyLink that I had no wireless devices but found out much later that wi-fi was on there anyway. It seems to be automatically on there with many Internet providers.

It did come in handy later on though, when I got the iPad because it's a wireless device, and I was already all set up for it.

I take the iPad with me to appointments (very carefully, making sure I never let it out of my sight and never dropping it), and often there's a wi-fi password available at the medical providers I go to. I can get e-mail or be online for any other purpose with that wi-fi access, even while waiting in a doctor's office.

I have heard that it's not the safest type of Internet access, and so I don't use it much. I can still turn the iPad on and play some games on it without the wi-fi access. It's one way to while away the time while waiting for a paratransit van. If there are magazines available, they're usually old or ones I don't want to look at.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

We automatically have WiFi with our Verizon Internet. The router has both a hard wired and wireless signal. It is password protected and it is a long and strange password assigned by the company that is specific to our router/modem. Perhaps you need to put a password on yours if it does not have one?

Agate,
                I do the same thing with my Kindle while waiting for appointments.
                However, it has nothing on it as far as documents or financial information or anything but books and games.

Comment

IVIG all day today.

Comment

Good luck, Sunshine, I hope you get a good boost from it.

Linda, are you still getting Rituxan?

ANN
                    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

I am beginning to feel like I need to do this again. But I cannot till after the middle of June.

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... announced today that we are now affiliated with the Italian MS Society for the next 5 years to develop a world wide data base of patient reported outcomes related to MS, therapies and medications. Amsterdam MS Society today is meeting with our CEO to also join this movement and report what it is that we, people living with MS, feel is most important for researchers and the Medical Community to know from people living with this. If you want to help, go to Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... and sign up as a member (free). Fill out surveys every 6 months on how your mS is affecting you and we will develop a database to help people with MS, researchers and physicians know how to approach therapies and treatments. I have been doing this every 6 months for nearly 4 years now. We are trying to show trends.

Comment

Agate, tomorrow, Friday the 1st, IS payday, isn't it?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Why cannot you do it for a couple of weeks Cherie?

I love my IVIG nurses, but it’s sure hard sitting there 8 hours every two weeks. It’s helping though, so I soldier on.

Comment

Howie, tomorrow the 1st ought to be payday because the 3rd is on Sunday.

Rituxan was mentioned. I just ran across an abstract of an article about how the off-label use of Rituxan has increased dramatically in Sweden recently. It isn't very clearly written but it does sound dramatic:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
                              Why cannot you do it for a couple of weeks Cherie?

I love my IVIG nurses, but it’s sure hard sitting there 8 hours every two weeks. It’s helping though, so I soldier on.
                              I leave for 4 days tomorrow then am home for 4 before leaving for three days away. My doc does 2-3 days in a row when I need it. I have not found any benefit to a single dose when needed or even a monthly single dose.

Comment

Cherie, I am confused. Are you talking about your Rituxan or are you also taking IVIg in addition?
                                Virginia

Comment

Working...
                                X