X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job Howie!

And Cherie you are a model for generosity

Comment

I got it, then took me several tries to figure out how the cuff was supposed to go. But I got it put together, and will post my results later.
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Howie, post the results soon, so everyone can stop holding their breath and decide if you should go to a Doctor.
        Virginia

Comment

I've already called the doctor, it was very high. I will get to see him next Thursday, that's the best I can do.
          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

I would take it 3-4x/day until then so you can both be aware of any patterns if it spikes at certain times a day

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Cherie, I'll do that.

Albert Einstein

Comment

((((((Howie)))))) ~

I'm very glad you called your doctor, but I wish you could be seen sooner.

I agree with Cherie about taking your BP several times a day. I suggest that you make a chart, with time of day and your BP, so that you have a record to show your doctor. It's also a good idea to take your BP about the same time each day, and after you get up from sleeping, no matter what time that is.

Switching to decaf and reducing my sodium intake helped me lower my BP. If I could establish a regular bedtime, allowing for 7 hours of sleep, that would also help. Perhaps you can try these to see if your BP improves.

Thank you, Cherie, for giving Howie the BP monitor.

Please keep us updated, Howie.

Love & Light,

Rose
                Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Aw geez. Doc knows how high your BP is?

My strategy is to call each morning and ask if there’s any cancellations that day.

Comment

I never told them how high on the phone, I just said it was "very high". I've usually gotten right in if there's a problem. I will call again tomorrow. I'm just getting up from a nap, and it was the best reading all day, but still very high.

Albert Einstein

Comment

((((((Howie)))))) ~

When you call your doctor's office, please tell the receptionist the readings you've been getting. Give the exact numbers, so that your doctor knows how high "very high" is. That might get you seen sooner.

Love & Light,

Rose
                      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Thanks Rose, the same idea crossed my mind. I'll call in the morning and tell them how high it is, and maybe they can slip me in, if they don't have a stroke just hearing how high it is.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Some people camp out in the waiting room, waiting for a slot.

Comment

I've been on the phone since I got up. The doctor's office and CVS. I'm going to start a med I was taking for years, and the manufacturer ran out. That's what started this whole BP mess to begin with.

Well, CVS has it in stock again, and my doctors office called it in, and as soon as CVS calls me it's ready, I'll go get it. What a day so far, but it can only get better from here! Have a great day all!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Good work, Howie. Well done, to you and the community here that supported you.

ANN
                              There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

I was going to say exactly what Rose said--to tell the doctor's office the exact readings you've been getting. Best to make sure you give both numbers.

Cherie, special thanks to you for sending the BP monitor speeding on its way to Howie's doorstep.
                                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                X