Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: May Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Peg,
    Holding you tonight (for decent sleep) and tomorrow for resolution of the injury with steady competent hands and eyes on the job. I also pray that pain is tolerable throughout.

Rose,
    No offense at all! My family also ate poorly and did not exercise beyond what the farm work demanded (which was a lot!). But I exercise and eat well and watch sodium. It is a genetic issue for me and probably for most of my family as we tend to live well into late 80s or 90s.

Howie,
    I am happy to spend some time on the phone with you or send you the rewritable form I use for my visits to help you get it all on paper in a condensed form so nothing gets missed for the appointment. I am doing a program tomorrow afternoon so will be out of the house from 11-3:30 or 4 but here before and after if you need to talk. I think you have my # but if you don't , PM me and I will give it to you.

David is out in the garage putting together a new wheelbarrow. He got one today at Job Lot for $40. My last one was a Mother's Day gift about 20 years ago and the wood frame holding the wheel is rotting as are the base of the handles. He has also been filling the garden with loam (2 trailer loads so far) and will roll and seed it once we get past this next week of off and on rain.

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Howie ~

Thank you. I'm so glad that you are seeing your doctor. It can be so difficult to keep things straight and remember stuff when you're with your doctor. What helps me (and now Jim) is to write down the questions, and description of symptoms, and take the list along to the doctor's appointment.

You might want to ask your doctor about having an EEG to detect seizure activity. And you may need to see a neuro.

I'm glad you're here too!

Peg ~

Many prayers on their way for you now and tomorrow during your surgery. I think I missed the part about your head injury. That's too many owies! May it all go smoothly for you.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

4. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Cherie, about Uber, how does it work without the App and GPS?

Peg, I hope this is a quick and fix for your wrist. Be well, come back soon.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Hope all goes smoothly in surgery, Peg and you'll be raring to go soon!

Be nice to the docs!

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

I hope surgery goes well dear Peg. Am so glad you are letting us know how you are doing.

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Re lifestyle

Never smoked, never drugged, don’t drink, monogamous, exercised an hour plus daily prior to illness, and yet here I am ...Clearly a bad strategy. I should have been an alcoholic, taken drugs, had wild parties, eating whatever I wanted and maybe I wouldn’t be so sick. Ha ha!

My low blood pressure is due to genetics. My lifestyle probably doesn’t hurt, but I think it is only one amongst many factors that lead to my low blood pressure.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

I hope none of you are thinking of furnishing your home with furniture from SCULY AND SCULY in New York. I received a catalogue from them and could hardly believe my eyes. On the front cover was my chest that sits in my small foyer as you come in my house. The exact same with the exception that mine is 2" wider in length and 2" taller. I bought mine almost 30 years ago and remember being surprised that it did not cost more at the time. I can't remember the price, but somewhere around $600.00. I had it in my den in my house and then put it in my entrance way when I moved here. Well, anyway the chest in the catalogue is $2,695.00.

I remember walking into a furniture store and seeing it and saying that is what I want, but to myself I said "I am sure I can not afford it". It was so much less than what I thought. I think I thought it would be more like $1,000 to $1,500. Actually, it might have been a little less than $600.00. I got someone to come with a truck and pick it up and take it home for me. Makes me feel rich!!!
    Last edited by Virginia; 05-08-2018 at 12:23 PM.
    Virginia

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, accept for surfing what have you done for fun?

Actually, I have never done any drugs, not even MJ, not a smoker and was always monogamous, however with death of husband and remarriage and divorce there were 3 men in my life. The last one was around for 18 1/2 years, but always knew I would not marry him and after it ended I realized I didn't want the hazel anyway and was relieved to have it over with. I did care for him for a long time, but it was more trouble than it was worth.

As for drinking, I drank one glass of wine each night until about 6 weeks ago when I just thought I really don't care about this so why am I doing it. I am not saying I will not ever drink another glass of wine, but when I was married the first time I hardly ever drank anything. Only when we went to a party. The 2nd husband was use to a drink before dinner so I joined him and the last man I dated so long also had usually 2 to 3 beers a night, so I drank a glass of wine.

However, I have not been that good about exercising. I worked all my life and tried to get in walking in the neighborhood when I got home early enough. So guess people could say I haven't had a very exciting life either. However, because I was able to travel and live in a number of places to me it was good.
    Virginia

16. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Virginia,Thanks for sharing that. You’ve lived a full life!

the most fun ever was raising my kids. What a hoot! I loved every minute of it.

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Sunshine, I missed out on what you've got with the kids. My big regret, though along the way I have had some people confess to me that their children had given them lots of problems and while they love them they have had tremendous anxiety raising them. I know none of them would trade any of their children, so they probably were just trying to make me feel better that it didn't happen for me.
    Virginia

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast