Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sad news

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I believe she must have been quite a private person. She's mentioned being on Facebook but I don't know of anyone with MS who became her Facebook friend, and I don't know her last name.

There may be no death notice or obituary, or it might be quite late. I've noticed that that happens often.

She would have been only 57 years old (I think).
    Last edited by agate; 04-20-2018 at 04:48 PM. Reason: correcting info
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

That's so young.

Distinguished Community Member

I am very sorry to hear this.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe she must have been quite a private person. She's mentioned being on Facebook but I don't know of anyone with MS who became her Facebook friend, and I don't know her last name.

There may be no death notice or obituary, or it might be quite late. I've noticed that that happens often.

She would have been only 57 years old (I think).
    And yet we knew of Lenny and got to see her beautiful house when she shared a pic!

Like Linda and ANN, I feel very shocked by the suddenness, she had just posted 2 days before Len's sad announcement.

She was such a regular bright spot here, I always enjoyed her posts and perspective. I feel like I lost a friend too, and I'm sad if she was going through something that we weren't able to support her in, she was always so positive. Maybe, like me, just being a part of this community was support enough, without needing to articulate her challenges. Like Virginia, I feel the loss deeply.

I'm so grateful Lenny posted, and hopefully, Vicky had asked him to do that. I 'hear' her in his comment even that this place kept her "relatively" sane. Lol.
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Since Vicky didn't post about her cancer diagnosis here, she must have had a reason. Perhaps she didn't want to overload all of you, or have you worrying about her, or inquiring how she was doing.

This makes me even sadder, knowing that Vicky was battling cancer without our support. I would have encouraged Vicky to use CBD oil and try immunotherapy. If she was having radiation, then Jim can testify that it is brutal and really takes the wind out of your sails. To deal with all of this and MS ~ oh, Vicky, I can't even imagine.

Lenny, if you're reading this thread, my heart goes out to you. My husband has Stage IV lung cancer, and I know how very difficult it is to be the caregiver and watch your loved one struggle. Several of us here have cared for a loved one with cancer, so please know that you're not alone, and we are all here for you.

Vicky ~ I love you, and I will miss you. I'll always remember you with a smile for all of the smiles you gave to me.

To all of you here on the MS Forum, I offer you my deepest sympathy in the loss of your dear friend, Vicky. I am sending up prayers for strength, healing, comfort and peace for all ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Rose,

Thanks to you, I think we all know of the potential benefits of using CBD oil for cancer. I personally know someone else who successfully treated his cancer using it.

I'm certain Vicky would have known about your experience using it too, even though she didn't post about it. You graciously shared your story with us here too and if it was something she was dealing with, I'll bet it caught her attention too.
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Lenny would you please post a little more about Vicky, we all loved her. MS is an awful disease and we all struggle with it in the best way we can. Take good care of you too Lenny. Jeanie :)

Distinguished Community Member

You know that remark "relative sane" does sound like Vicky. Something she might say in a sentence to Howie. I wish Lenny would come back on and let us know what happened. Jeanie asked so nicely that he might do this if he comes on and reads.
    Virginia

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Since Vicky didn't post about her cancer diagnosis here, she must have had a reason. Perhaps she didn't want to overload all of you, or have you worrying about her, or inquiring how she was doing.
    I'm pretty sure that that was one of her reasons, maybe her main reason. It was kind of her to spare us but I'm sure we'd have been here for her.

A while back a number of people gave me e-mail addresses or other contact information, and some are Facebook friends. Vicky never came forward with any information about herself, and I assumed that for some reason she opted not to--and that was OK of course.

It was around the time when we were trying to locate Sally, and we realized that if any of us vanished from this board, there might be no way of finding out what had happened to us unless someone had some contact information. I still have a list containing the information people gave me (I keep it where nobody will find it), but I never had any information for Vicky.

I hope that it is all right to share the information she did provide from that other place. There are fairly strict rules about keeping whatever is on one board right there on that board and not sharing it any place else, but I've broken that rule in this case because I feel that the circumstances are exceptional.

She did not say much in addition to what I've already mentioned. She did go for radiation treatments and reported that the tumor was shrinking. Other than that, she was posting regularly on all 3 boards but always supportive or light-hearted posts, very much as usual.

She may have found comfort in routines that were familiar and untroubling. It was a sign that life was going on, "business as usual."
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Hi Everybody,
    This is Len's sister Diana. I'm trying to help out a little. Thanks for all the kind words. Vicky was a very unique and special person. She will be greatly missed. Nothing has been decided yet as to arrangements. Trying to locate her half-brother and niece in Germany. Max Hofmann and Danielle Hofmann. If anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated but not expected. we will post more details as we can. Again Thanks.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast