Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maybe a way to pick up a few $$?

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Things haven't changed since your experience, Cherie. That's definitely the way it's going for me too.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I'm playing with this survey thing. I have "way" too much time on my hands! :) But it is mildly entertaining, trying to guess what they're looking for in the surveys. I've only tried a handful. Some I've completed, many others I've been "not eligible", or "this survey is filled".

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I'm still doing them too. I've racked up 429 points so far. One was on a topic dear to my heart--how items ordered online are delivered.

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I tried using a couple of different surveys a few years ago. Kept getting told I wasn't qualified after answering all of their questions. I think I might have a dollar on one of those accounts but that was all I had earned after a couple hundred surveys.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

8. The following 8 users say "thanks"

You folks must have the patience of Job.
    Virginia

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have a bit over two dollars coming so far. Yeah I don't qualify for a lot but you still get a little just for trying. You get credit just for logging in each day. For those that shop online the Ebates addon for Mozilla is awesome. I got a check from them and still have more money building up. I am sure there is more than just for Mozilla for those that use something different.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Is the ebates one of those sites that give you credits for buying stuff? The problem I have with those sites and with coupons is that they are for specific name brands. I buy very little name brand stuff.

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I usually don't buy brand name products. Ebates is for if you shop online at particular stores. Say if you go to Walgreens site a little window will pop up telling you what kind of offers they have if you shop there and say you might get 5% off your order and earn so much on the Ebates end you might earn 2% in dollars for using the ebates add on. It doesn't take much for them to send you a check I made over $4 and only bought a couple things online that earned ebates rebates.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I started with the surveyjunkie deal on the 15th of April apparently, and a few days ago I finally reached the point where I could be paid $10. They paid easily, and now I'm waiting for the money to show up in my checking account. I had it sent to PayPal first but could have done that differently. I was interested in seeing how the system could work.

So it took me about 3 weeks to earn $10. I usually did only a couple of surveys a day though. Many of them earned me only 2 or 3 points when it turned out that I didn't qualify.

However, $10 is $10, and that bit of extra income will help.

Someone who has trouble stretching the available income out to the end of the month would find doing these surveys very useful, I think.

Entering your age and other such information can get tedious but usually the other survey questions have been interesting--to me, anyway. And you do often have the option of not answering if a question is personal.

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Good for you Agate for persevering. You will soon be able to buy all kind of things.
    Virginia

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast