Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: OT April Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yesterday I got a new bathroom sink because the old one had had a crack and leak in it for years. I'm quite thrilled about this new sink but it sprang a leak last night, and then today while being worked on it sprang another one. So now I'm testing out this new fix and hoping it holds--and am very glad I'm not the one having to repair it!
    Last edited by agate; 04-05-2018 at 04:37 PM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) I went to get my hair done and there was a man in the parking lot detailing cars. I asked him if he could just vacuum out my van and he said yes. He vacuumed every inch and what a difference. I have his phone number now so I will call him when it needs it again. Jeanie :)

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Thumbs up

The inside of my car is spotless, except the floor on the side where I sit. I went to the carwash last time I cleaned it inside. I have a shop-vac, but I have to drag the long cord and the vacuum out, and then put it all away. At the car wash, I just drop some coins in the slot, and vacuum.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Oh Howie how smart you are! I wish you would come and do mine.

Cherie, hope your trip is good. I know Dave must be anxious and scared and that doesn't help the situation, but how could he not be.

Agate, glad you got a new sink and yes be grateful you don't have to pay for it or to get it fixed.

Jeanie, I wish I had a good detail man that would come to my house and do my car without me taking it in someplace.
    Virginia

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Cool

Virginia, I would be more than happy to come and be a detail man for your.......ARGH...MY BACK!!!! Well, maybe next Summer.

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Pool was finished with emptying today and the interior and nooks and crannies and jets were scrubbed to within an inch of their life and the whole thing dried out. We will refill it when we get back from the MS Cruise in a couple of week and have the appropriate chemicals to restart. I know I need to get back in the water on a daily basis and the past 4 months with water that was not stabilizing well was discouraging. We now even have a new hose to fill that does not have the cleaning chemicals that were drained. After 12 years, I am committed to getting this right this time when it was not for the last fill.

Heather picks us up tomorrow to take us to the airport in a "wintery mix of snow and rain". Suitcases are heavy but not over limit with some cooling vests that will be given away so we are coming home lighter than when leaving. I also realize our 20+ year old luggage is likely on it's last adventure.

12. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Safe and fun boating Cherie and Dave.
    Virginia

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cool

I'm just getting back from my appointment to get the AC recharged, and I never found the place. I was even wearing my prescription glasses, and I could see so much better, but I still didn't see their sign. So I'll try some other place next week. Now,I'm going to finish my THIRD cup of coffee...WHEEEEEEE!!!!

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Sorry that didn't work out, Howie. Kudos for getting up and out. Cat owners have no choice but to get up, though.

It's just starting to snow. Not much expected as it will change to rain by 5 PM. I am guessing Cheri got out OK.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nowadays I'm concerned enough about falls to be concerned about near-falls as well. In the middle of the night I very nearly went down but instead hit a bunch of doors and walls. I thought at least I'd end up with a sore back because my back got hit by a door knob.

When I realized how lucky I was--no bad effects so far--I decided I'd better give up on the scuffs I've been wearing as bedroom slippers for years and years. They're not recommended for diabetics anyway but I was using them because they're so much easier to get in and out of in the middle of the night.

Howie, you probably did this but if you find the Website for the place you're going to, you can find out if maybe they've moved. Even if they've just remodelled, their "look" might be different, and that may be why you missed them. I'd give a call to make sure they're still where they were and even to make sure they'll be open when I'm planning to go there. I dislike unnecessary trips!
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast