Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: OT April Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

It's nice hearing the feedback on "Superstar". I don't think the music at the beginning bothered me this much originally. It felt like too much for too long this time. I also don't remember the song near the end that Mary sang with Peter from before. Was it added for this performance?

Pool is draining. I will clean it and let it dry out while we are away then refill and resume exercise when we return on the 15th. MS Cruise starts Saturday and Dave and I are headed to Miami Friday morning. Most of the snow is gone with rain the past 2 days.

Three weeks till Dave's appointment for cognitive testing. He did something while I was in Chicago that he has absolutely no memory of yet told me about at the time. He added "jet clean" to the pool and was going to empty and clean it for me before I got back , hooked up the hose to drain it but hooked it up in the wrong place (he's been doing this for 12 years now). He did not believe he did this till I found the bottle of "jet clean" in the recycle bin. This really has him worried. Essentially he seems better much of the time lately but I think it is because he is intentional about so much since recognizing the problem.

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey, pasta and cold slaw....what's not to love? If those were the only two things I had to eat for the rest of my life, I'd be ok with that....so long as I had cheese to sprinkle on top!
    Doesn't Howie keep cheese on hand, for himself and Sam?
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Oh yes, there's always cheese on hand, but this time I used it for myself. But there's plenty of it since I knew I was making pasta, I bought two packets. I just ate, and as I've been doing lately, I used a different noodle. I used a small macaroni noodle this time. It was good!
    Last edited by Howie; 04-04-2018 at 02:04 PM.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Cherie, enjoy the cruise. Sorry to hear about Dave. I'm hoping it's not serious.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
    It's nice hearing the feedback on "Superstar". I don't think the music at the beginning bothered me this much originally. It felt like too much for too long this time. I also don't remember the song near the end that Mary sang with Peter from before. Was it added for this performance?
    What was the song, Cherie? I'm remembering "Could We Start Again Please" from the good old days when i had the whole thing memorized.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

10. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frog42 View Post
    What was the song, Cherie? I'm remembering "Could We Start Again Please" from the good old days when i had the whole thing memorized.
    That's the song that I don't remember. I just sent back to my original record set....and it wasn't there. And the two previous shows I saw didn't have it.....so it was new to me!?!

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

i'm remembering the movie version and Yvonne Elliman doing that song.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

It feels like it is getting much more intense quite quickly over the past couple of days. It is hard because he is sure I am making more of what is happening than I am. He has clear;y lost a couple major events and the actions around them. He is talking retiring and stopping participation when I know there is retraining available but right now he is hard to talk to or reason with because he is so concerned

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Cherie)))))) ~

I'm so sorry that you and Dave are going through this situation.

I have read quite a bit of research on line about the effectiveness of CBD oil with patients, who have dementia/memory loss/Alzheimer's. I've also read comments to articles by family members, whose loved ones truly benefited from CBD oil and THC oil to help with mood elevation and controlling emotional outbursts.

This might be something for you to consider for Dave. If it doesn't help, it won't hurt.

Also, I just wanted to add that I've never seen a production of "Jesus Christ Superstar," although I know the sound track and have seen clips. I watched the NBC live production on You Tube, as I don't have time to sit through the entire show. I think it was outstanding. I am a John Legend fan, and I felt that his performance was superb. And what beautiful voices from all of the performers, including, surprisingly, Alice Cooper. The entire show brought me to tears many times.

I hope you enjoy your cruise. Safe travels.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

18. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I just got my monthly bath , once my long flowing hair dries a little more, I'm going to make my meal of the day. The pasta just needs a little microwaving, a dab of coleslaw, and I'm ready to eat.

Tomorrow, I have an appointment to have the car AC recharged. I'm getting ready for Summer now.

Everyone have a great day!

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast