Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Food...I have been cooking this morning and....everything is good!

Distinguished Community Member

Those sound delicious! I could see them set atop fettucini noodles that have been "dressed" with basil pesto. Or they individually dipped into basil pesto. I think the light tomato sauce you mentioned would be perfect. maybe one made with vodka.

I'm surprised they don't "melt" as cheese will do in an oven. At any rate...I've got all the ingredients already except for the ricotta. Next grocery run for sure, then I'm gonna make these...

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Those sound delicious! I could see them set atop fettucini noodles that have been "dressed" with basil pesto. Or they individually dipped into basil pesto. I think the light tomato sauce you mentioned would be perfect. maybe one made with vodka.

I'm surprised they don't "melt" as cheese will do in an oven. At any rate...I've got all the ingredients already except for the ricotta. Next grocery run for sure, then I'm gonna make these...
    I mixed it all with my hands. I used flour on the board as I kneaded into a very soft dough. Made the balls the size and shape of walnuts. I just ate a leftover one...straight out of the frig....yum. There was not enough cheese to melt or ooze out...the pesto idea is perfect. Thanks!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I mixed it all with my hands. I used flour on the board as I kneaded into a very soft dough. Made the balls the size and shape of walnuts. I just ate a leftover one...straight out of the frig....yum. There was not enough cheese to melt or ooze out...the pesto idea is perfect. Thanks!

Went to bed last night and immediately remembered that I wanted to add one more detail! But, I fell asleep so, here a I am now.

Once I had mixed up the ricotta with other ingredients I put the dish in the refrigerator for an hour. That helped to firm up the very soft mixture. When I started making the balls I did put oil on my hands so I could handle it easily. This was no problem at all and by the end I was using a big tablespoon to do it in seconds.

Also, one of the recipes said to add a quarter cup of flour to the mix. I did that but it was still too soft to work so I used the bread crumbs as in the recipe I posted here. I thought adding more flour would make them heavy.

And I grated the cheese on an old box grater. So it was shredded and packed but probably a different measure than if I had grated it to be small like sugar. It was a perfect amount.
    Last edited by Lazarus; 03-20-2018 at 03:24 AM.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Thanks for the added tips. I haven't tried this yet, but I would have grated the parmesan on a box grater, too, as I don't have any of that processed parmesan that is fine ground.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I use the grated parmesan that's like it's done with a box grater, that's about 1/2 to 3/4 inch strips, and is in a re-sealable bag. Sam loves it too.

10. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Sounds heavenly but, alas, dairy and I are not on good terms.

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12