Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: OT March Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I stayed in for 2 weeks plus a few days last month. I had an outrageous electric bill from those super cold days. So I made a huge pot of pasta, bought a few bags of coleslaw, and drank sugarless lemonade, and stayed home.

This month is looking MUCH better! But I WILL make pasta again. I just like it, and it makes plenty of meals. But for now I'm making my Compleat's meals.

.................................................. ...

I just cleaned the kitchen, put that pasta into small Tupperware. It was only enough room to fill one up. But I then washed that big pasta bowl, and put everything away.

So I think I'll eat the rest of the pasta, and be done with it. Plus I made a fresh bowl of coleslaw. I'm ready whenever I get hungry.
    Last edited by Howie; 03-03-2018 at 08:54 AM.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cyclone??

Hope everyone anywhere near it isn't feeling it!
    Last edited by agate; 03-03-2018 at 10:05 AM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cyclone??

Hope everyone anywhere near it isn't feeling it!
    I've looked in the online news, and saw nothing about a cyclone. Are you sure you didn't see it on a TV movie, then dreamed about it?

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You don't know what news to believe any more, but here:

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...illing-several

Eek!
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Yep, another bomb cyclone. I prefer regular nor'easters.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Ann, thanks for asking. Just nesting I guess. I am due to go out with family tomorrow night. I probably will go because I also need to go to grocery store now. Not sick, just not great!
    Virginia

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Cool

Ooooh, a nor'easter, well why didn't you say so?

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) I had a call from my brother Steve worried about our uncle. The uncle who sends me money every now and then. Steve said he thinks John and his wife Pat are both not doing well mentally. John also has maccular degeneration and almost deaf. He goes to the VA hospital each week on public transit.

I tried calling the police department there to get them to do a welfare check but they won't be open until Monday other than leaving a message. I need to talk to them to see if there is an elder care service that could check on them every week. I will call Monday and see how I fare.

Steve is planning to go out there as soon as he can. John lives near SMU in Dallas. My friend Bill in Jacksonville who helped my Mom now has no memory. He is going to bed about 4 PM each day in the assisted living place. His brother now pays the nursing home $528 a month to give Bill his pills as prescribed.

Getting old is NO fun. Jeanie :)

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We were planning to go to the condo in NH this morning but the rains are heavy and the wind horrific. We are seeing sustained winds of more than 50 mph so far today and we have little ponds all over the yard there has been so much rain. May go tomorrow when this calms only because David has a non-refundable ticket to ski Waterville Valley on Monday (we have to be home Tuesday afternoon).

Saw the neuro yesterday. He ordered the next round of Rituxan and is trying to get a bill through congress to allow patients and their doctors to decide on appropriate treatment rather than the insurance companies doing so. He is also finding that insurances are denying Rituxan now that Ocrevus (1/3 more costly) has been approved.

Frustrating information about rituxan. When I met my new neurologist last month I brought her some of the research that showed a minimal (almost nonexistent) rise in cancer risk with Ocrevus. She knew immediately what that meant for me. I had malignant melanoma and that history of mine will let her argue to keep me on rituxan. Who knew that melanoma would be so useful for me..??
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

18. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

More than a third of Rhode Islanders are still without power including my daughter (for 31 hours now). They are still clearing trees off main roads. We headed for the Condo this morning and the winds were still so high that we really got buffeted while driving. Windshield wipers actually lifted off the windshield and one snapped so we had to stop and get a new pair. Fortunately that was before we got more than a mile from the house and there was a car parts place nearby. The ocean is crashing over the seawall two miles from our house. The first 125 miles of our trip were tense but once we got north of Manchester, NH, the winds calmed and the sun was shining by Plymouth.

My doc has sent 6 emails to me telling me that our congressmen that I introduced him to via email have gotten back to him and he now has the head of both the RI and CT house of representatives as well as two of our RI senators and one Representative in DC working with him to draft something that can be put forward.

20. The following 9 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast