Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: OT March Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Virginia, are you sure that leg issue is neurological? Hard to say from the description. Could it be vascular such as a blood clot or deep vein thrombosis?

In any event, good to see you post. When we aren’t posting, we all worry about each other as we all live on th edge of a cliff to some extent...
    Virginia,
    I am glad Sunshine wrote this. I can hear my neurologist telling me to not always think everything is MS related. Your story made me gasp so I can not imagine how scary it was for you. Be careful...don’t treat yourself lightly.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Virginia,, this also scares me,, but glad you checked in,, a lot folks on this forum love you,, be extra careful in this crazy weather,,

{{Virginia}}
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

4. The following 8 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Love to you, Virginia. Thank you for letting us know. You were wise to sit down. Be well.

We are now in the "brunt" of the nor'easter. They have changed their gestimate to 16-20" of snow and blowing w white outs. Peter has a rare snow day!

Last night we went to Roche Bros. grocery and got a rotisserie chicken for me and the cats; Pot roast to sustain me; and potato pancakes w apple sauce for brunch. Peter got eggplant parm and lemon pepper noodles. We are all set.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Glad you have provisions, ANN!

Virginia, I agree that what happened to you may have no connection with the MS. It most likely has no connection, in fact. Time and time again I've been tempted to blame MS for something that's going wrong with me and it almost always turns out to be some other problem though if there's any problem, the MS acts up as well.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

8. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Thank you to you all for your replies. I do believe it to be MS and not a deep vein thrombosis. It was like it was the muscles grabbing inside my leg and it was on my bad side. I think I do get too scared because if I get to the point that I cannot walk, I do not know what I will do with myself.

Cherie, yes I am aware that the biotin does not act that quickly, but I have had no GI problems at all. It has been, I guess about a month since I worked up to the 300mg dose and I hate to give it up until I see my Doctor. If I thought it was making me feel worse then I would do it, or at least cut back. I might cut back for a couple of days anyway to see what happens. I couldn't shovel snow even if I didn't have a bad back. My deck is iced over and I cannot get to trash. However, it is sunny outside and it looks like the snow has left all the streets already. It takes so long for it to leave my deck. That is one of the worse things about snow - not being able to get to my trash and recycling containers.

Ann, is your food already cooked food or do you have to fix the roast? I know the chicken is already done, but I guess you have to fix your roast and Peter's food. Glad he is home with you for a day or so.

My back is bad today - really hurting if I move. I keep thinking I can do things I did 20 and 30 years ago and I can't. I hope this goes away soon. I am going to try and dust this afternoon, but I will do it very slowly and move very gingerly. I already put linens in the wash and I am going to make my bed.

Well, the lady who helps me just called and she is coming today to do the mopping and clean my shower. She is running very late, but I was glad to hear from her. She will be here about 2:30 until 4:30. If she has any time left after mopping I will let her help with the dusting, but I will try to do most of it. I had to get up to answer the phone and I had to push on the desk and computer hutch and it still hurt real bad. However, I think I need to move around as much as I can and not let it tighten up.

Cherie, glad your sister is doing as well as she is.

I think we are all still waiting (a little anxiously) for Sunshine's trip for second opinion Doctor.

I apologize again for not posting sooner. I know how much I worry about all of you who are regulars on here when we do not hear from you, so I know that some others of you feel the same and I am just glad to have you.
    Virginia

10. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Virginia, because of the pain on standing and walking rather than all the time, I also think you should seek medical advice. If you get short of breath, call 911.

Our food is cooked and microwaveable. If we lose power, there is cold chicken for me and the noodles for Peter.

Vicky, Linda, Cheri how are you all managing?

ANN

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

The snow is still coming down and blowing but the power has stayed on. There is an occasional flicker though. I hope it will stay okay!

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Virginia, you said “However, I think I need to move around as much as I can and not let it tighten up.” in your post. I know what you mean. I think the same way and keep moving when things are bad. We are probably right and should ignore advice to””take it slow” or to “ sit down”. On the other hand.......it is a fine line between the sensible and the foolish in these situations. ��
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

186 guests??

ANN

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Well, Virginia, if it was "just" your leg causing pain...I might agree that it was MS related. But you also talked about sweating, blood rushing to your head, dizziness upon standing......

that could also be MS related...but also could be related to heart problems, or indeed a deep-vein thrombosis (in your leg) which restricts blood flow elsewhere, like to the lungs (I had blood clots in the lungs, triggered by a blood clot in in my pelvis, years ago), heart, or brain. Which of course is very dangerous! You really should go to your doctor and have that checked out, just to be sure!

As for your bad back..yes, we all try to do things now that we could do 20 years ago...and injure ourselves because we can't. :( You're right that if you just sit around your muscles can tighten up and be even more painful...but you do have to take it gently and easily until the back mends. Are you able to take anything for the pain? Ibuprofen sometimes can help with inflamed muscles.

But again..all the symptoms you mention around your painful leg sound like a lot more than "just MS". Even if it is MS=related, your doctor really needs to check it out!

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast