Thread: MRI interpetation

Default MRI interpetation

I need help with the following interpretation please. I have MS. TECHNIQUE: Multiplanar, multisequence MR imaging of the brain was performed without and with I.V. contrast.

FINDINGS: Previously seen enhancement of 2 right lateral lesions has resolved. There are scattered periventricular, deep, body of the corpus callosum, and juxtacortical white matter plaques bilaterally. There are also white matter plaques in the pons, cerebellum, and middle cerebellar peduncles. The optic nerves appear small in size but without definite increased T2 signal.

Prominent perivascular spaces are identified in the subcortical region of each cerebral hemisphere in the high frontal lobe at the level of the vertex. There is no midline shift or mass lesion. There is no evidence of intracranial hemorrhage or acute infarct. There are no extra-axial fluid collections present. No diffusion weighted signal abnormality is identified.
    Also trace pleural effusion bilaterally.

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

In basic terms: Some brain lesions have disappeared. You still have lesions in corpus Collusm and the cerebellum(balance area of brain) and in your white matter. No sign of stroke. That's all I could get anyway.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mrredskin82 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I need help with the following interpretation please. I have MS. TECHNIQUE: Multiplanar, multisequence MR imaging of the brain was performed without and with I.V. contrast.FINDINGS: Previously seen enhancement of 2 right lateral lesions has resolved. There are scattered periventricular, deep, body of the corpus callosum, and juxtacortical white matter plaques bilaterally. There are also white matter plaques in the pons, cerebellum, and middle cerebellar peduncles. The optic nerves appear small in size but without definite increased T2 signal. Prominent perivascular spaces are identified in the subcortical region of each cerebral hemisphere in the high frontal lobe at the level of the vertex. There is no midline shift or mass lesion. There is no evidence of intracranial hemorrhage or acute infarct. There are no extra-axial fluid collections present. No diffusion weighted signal abnormality is identified.Also trace pleural effusion bilaterally.
    Welcome, Mrredskin--I can't add anything to what funnylegs has said except that the locations of the lesions are often the locations mentioned in cases of MS. You'll want to ask your doctor about the pleural effusion. The report mentions a "trace" of it, and that sounds as if it might not be a cause for concern.You're welcome to join the MS board here, of course.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

5. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Welcome Mrredskin82! Sorry to hear you have MS. See you over there:

http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...iple-Sclerosis

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

7. The following user says "thanks"