Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: fainted apparently...

Distinguished Community Member

funny legs, I'm so sorry this is all so stressful. I feel your frustration. Through all of Kathleen's health complications the most frustrating part is how long it takes to get a diagnosis. It's always a long line of tests that each have to be scheduled usually out a couple of weeks or so and then waiting for results. Some of her diagnoses have taken months. Kathleen had a small hole in her heart (murmur) when she as born. It almost has completely closed. It is small enough that we don't follow up with the cardiologist. He said that there are many people walking around with one as small who don't even know it. Keeping you in my prayers for peace and all good results from your testing. And don't beat yourself up about losing it over all of this. You're only human and it's a lot to deal with... Keep us posted. and join Rose and I for a chaise on the beach and a cocktail! LOL
    Mary Grace

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mg12061 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    funny legs, I'm so sorry this is all so stressful. I feel your frustration. Through all of Kathleen's health complications the most frustrating part is how long it takes to get a diagnosis. It's always a long line of tests that each have to be scheduled usually out a couple of weeks or so and then waiting for results. Some of her diagnoses have taken months. Kathleen had a small hole in her heart (murmur) when she as born. It almost has completely closed. It is small enough that we don't follow up with the cardiologist. He said that there are many people walking around with one as small who don't even know it. Keeping you in my prayers for peace and all good results from your testing. And don't beat yourself up about losing it over all of this. You're only human and it's a lot to deal with... Keep us posted. and join Rose and I for a chaise on the beach and a cocktail! LOL
    Mary Grace
    Thanks so much Mary Grace! Your post is comforting. Glad to know Kathleen's murmer is harmless and small. I'm told the same is the case for me. They just want to check to be sure. I discovered my "outburst" was partly due to "that time of the month" *ehm*. I feel so much better emotionally and came up with the plan of following up in April since I'm not in any immediate danger or high risk, and asking the Dr if I can write down moments when I become emotionally aware of the heart monitor so I don't get a false positive of high blood pressure like the last time I had a heart check years ago and my freak out about docs screwed the results. The idea of having a heart monitor on my body makes me feel like I'm being watched for goodness sake! Am I weird for thinking that??? If he does not allow me to write that out I will skip the heart monitor rhythm test or get it done with a different doctor who actually takes into account I have severe anxiety about medical procedures. I promise to keep you all posted about my heart exams!
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 03-14-2018 at 10:06 PM.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

4. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

You're not at all weird, because you have anxiety over medical procedures. I have "White Coat" syndrome. My blood pressure is always elevated, when a medical professional takes it. It's not unusual to respond this way, so don't think that there's anything wrong with you.

Your doctor should be fine with you charting your moments of anxiety, while wearing the heart monitor. That is a factor, which should be considered. Regardless of the doctor's reaction, you should chart anyway for your own information.

Deep breaths and peaceful thoughts ~

Healing prayers on the way for you ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

6. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

So the other day I spoke to my friend with the stroke and I explained to him what happened with the fainting and tests and he said "I'm sure you're fine. I had a lot of the same tests and everything came back normal" and explained to me the multitude of crazy stuff that has happened to him medically over many years. He basically should have been dead like 5 times before he even had a stroke. Hearing him take it all in stride and still be working a demanding job I feel like I can do the tests now and not worry so much. It was also nice to have his honest calming thoughts on the subject instead of the doctor's slightly patronizing put on way of calming people. I will keep you posted!

Thanks Rose! I will do that.
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 03-21-2018 at 07:24 AM.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

8. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

I'm so glad that your teacher was able to share his experiences to help you feel more confident and less worried. I pray that he is doing well.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

Blog Entries

So I called a different doctor just to get some info and see how the heart tests might work. This new guy was much more specific which I LOVED. It sounded like my heart monitor if I had one would be a Holter Monitor(I think that's how its spelled) and it does have sticky electrodes and is pretty small which is good. The downside is you can't accidentally sleep directly on it or it will screw the result. Like the electrodes can still fall off during sleep and you need a good sleep with it in order for the result to work. I had tried to explain my involuntary movement during sleep to the first doc, and the first doc basically blew me off when I brought that up. ugh! I know my own body darn it. I even tested to see if my body could remain still enough a few nights ago and so far nope. Too much movement. I started on my back and in the morning I was on my stomach. The new doc said if my EKGs are normal I probably don't need the monitor. The new doc suggested I get an ultrasound with the first doc then either ask the first doc to ultrasound some of my arteries/veins while he's at it to see why I flushed before fainting because it could mean my arteries or veins are out of whack, or I can go to the new doc to get the arteries done. The ultrasounds make way more sense to me than the monitor at this point. Will keep ya posted.

Rose, my teacher is doing very well health wise thank god! Unfortunately someone at his job did something very mean to him where this person tried to take advantage of my teacher and my teacher ended up having to pay for the screw up with his own money. :( My teacher does not need this stressor right now or to be treated in such a horrible manner so that really pissed me off.
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 03-30-2018 at 08:44 AM.

11. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

(((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

It does sound like the Holter monitor might be difficult for you, or give false readings. An ultrasound is very easy and non invasive. If you like the second doctor, perhaps you should have the ultrasound done under his supervision.

I'm sorry to hear that your teacher had a conflict at work. Is the problem such that he could report it to his boss or to Human Resources? I agree that your teacher doesn't need this kind of stress, but also, neither do you.

You are in my prayers. Please let us know when you are going to have the ultrasound. Meanwhile, breathe deep, exhale slowly through your mouth, think good thoughts, and be calm.

Love & Light,

Rose

13. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    (((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

It does sound like the Holter monitor might be difficult for you, or give false readings. An ultrasound is very easy and non invasive. If you like the second doctor, perhaps you should have the ultrasound done under his supervision.

I'm sorry to hear that your teacher had a conflict at work. Is the problem such that he could report it to his boss or to Human Resources? I agree that your teacher doesn't need this kind of stress, but also, neither do you.

You are in my prayers. Please let us know when you are going to have the ultrasound. Meanwhile, breathe deep, exhale slowly through your mouth, think good thoughts, and be calm.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Yes Exactly what I was thinking! I'm wondering if I could ask the doc to just let me wear the heart monitor during the day instead if the monitor is absolutely necessary. The monitor would still be a pain in the (bleep) but at least I have control over my own movements during the day. Do you think they would allow that??? Or maybe let me sleep in a chair with it on since that's the only way I won't roll onto the device directly. Test is this month. I promise to keep you posted.

I believe the issue my teacher had was with someone who was above my teacher's status and therefore the other person has more control but given my teacher's reaction I'm 90% sure he reported it already. If I find out he didn't report it I'll make sure he does so immediately!

Blog Entries

So today I was in basically the same circumstance that I was in on the day I fainted. Being in this situation was out of necessity and I had been avoiding this type of environment since I fainted as I did not want to faint again. I was careful and slow just in case. Good news, this time NOTHING happened. I felt completely normal. No dizziness, paleness,vomiting etc. My heart seemed to be beating at a normal rate. Only thing I noticed was I had a tiny bit of flushing in my feet so I still want my veins checked. After this good experience and all other tests coming back normal, I'm glad I have not yet consented to the heart monitor as after this I believe the monitor is entirely unnecessary. Just relieved my body is back to its normal. I feel stronger and calmer. I'm 99.9 percent sure my fainting spell was the virus.

Wow that is great to hear! I'm sure it was a little stressful being in that position but so glad it was positive. You mention the "flushing" in your feet. Do you mind explain? And why you want the veins checked... Kathleen has very poor circulation in her left side. Especially her foot. It gets vey discolored at times. The surrounding temperature affects her foot and hand also.

So glad your mind has been put at ease!
    Mary Grace

17. The following user says "thanks"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast