Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fainted apparently...

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Question fainted apparently...

Since this forum is more active I thought I'd re post this here. After going to the restroom I had a stomach ache and the next thing I knew I was on the floor with someone telling me I had fainted for half a second or so. I have never been dizzy before or fainted before. No health issues. I have had Cerebral Palsy since birth. I do NOT have epilepsy. No weird movements during episode. I drank something with sugar after just in case. I'm NOT diabetic. Not stressed. I feel normal now. I will have it checked. Any idea what could cause an episode like this??? Help?
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 02-18-2018 at 07:20 PM.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

2. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

I'm so sorry that you fainted. My first thought was dehydration. My second thought was low blood pressure.

Here's a link, which explains fainting:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/182524.php

Do any of the potential causes listed apply to you?

Do you keep track of your blood pressure on a regular basis? It might be a good idea to carry a wrist BP monitor with you.

I do think you should contact your physician at least to determine whether you need to be seen/examined. I pray that this was a one time occurrence.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

4. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

I'm so sorry that you fainted. My first thought was dehydration. My second thought was low blood pressure.

Here's a link, which explains fainting:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/182524.php

Do any of the potential causes listed apply to you?

Do you keep track of your blood pressure on a regular basis? It might be a good idea to carry a wrist BP monitor with you.

I do think you should contact your physician at least to determine whether you need to be seen/examined. I pray that this was a one time occurrence.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Hi Rose, I already left my doc a message and got an appointment ASAP for tomorrow. I was in a hot environment before I fainted. I generally don't handle heat well but like I said I have never fainted. Only other time I have felt light headed is when I would get viruses so I wonder if its that? Most of the causes on the list are things I got tested for rather recently and results were normal. Please pray this is a one time thing and not something more serious that I have to get a ton of tests for. I'm worried it could be my blood sugar or a heart issue. I'm terrified of heart problems and stroke. :(
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

6. The following user says "thanks"

Funnylegs, So sorry you have this worry on your shoulders. It certainly could be that your body was fighting a virus. You may not have actually felt sick but your body could have been fighting it. That combined with the heat could certainly have caused this I would think. Good that you're checking with your Dr. I would imagine you would have some other symptoms if it was diabetes or heart issues. You probably would at least not feel great. Keep us posted and praying it was a one time thing.
    Mary Grace

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Hi,
    I went to my Drs appointment today. It went well. I described what happened in detail. The passing out got her attention for sure. She was shocked because I am apparently one of her healthiest patients. She kept asking me if I felt light headed or dizzy again and again as she tested me. I didn’t. She did the usual tests then tested my BP, blood and tested the electrical activity in my heart. I think the heart test was called either EEG or EKG. I forget. I have seen those tests on TV but I didn’t enjoy it being done to me. It freaked me out being wired up! It helped that the nurse performing the test was a fan of my work. She said my electrical activity in my heart was normal. My BP and temp were slightly higher than normal but she said that was from the virus she thought I had, and my obvious stress from the situation especially since the heart rate went down the 2nd time she tested the BP. I asked her what she thought the passing out was from. She said the blood had pooled in my lower body and away from my brain from overheating and moving too fast, so I passed out. I have to go slow in heated environments and avoid hot showers and sit after baths. I can resume my usual activities. I don’t have to disclose this condition or take extra steps unless I feel light headed, if I do I’m supposed to sit on the floor immediately(like the character in my film did). She did not think the fainting was dangerous but wants me to get a heart ultrasound to make sure I don’t have a heart valve malfunction or a hole in my heart. That was a bit alarming but I don’t want heart disease so I’m happy to check to be safe instead of sorry. I told her I have a huge fear of heart diseases so she felt it was better to check to ensure it does not happen when working etc. Please pray the ultrasound reveals normal results!! I do NOT want heart surgery or heart problems.

Mary Grace, she may have tested me for hypoglycemia, not diabetes. We both know the signs of diabetes and it was not that. If my blood is involved my blood sugar would be low, like diabetes in reverse but I hope not. I’m not anemic. My blood is not thin either. She said my veins are fantastic. Thanks so much to all of you!
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 02-20-2018 at 02:29 PM.

10. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

My heart test is Thursday. Pray for me please. They showed me the estimated bill for all this...and yikes...do these people think I'm made of money? Ugh.

12. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

My appointment for my test was rescheduled because of awful weather. I'll keep you posted.

14. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

So I had my other heart test,not the ultrasound just another EKG. All came back normal so far so he thinks its a harmless form of fainting and most faints have unknown causes. Then I'm supposed to get the ultrasound and a 24 hrs heart rhythm test thing later...ugh. Its like if you think this is harmless why do I have to keep doing the tests? He responded saying because of the Cerebral Palsy they want to check it out since the CP is a sign my brain did lose blood flow at one point. Me: (in mind, sarcastic) Great. :(
    Oh and my heart murmur is still there. Yuck. Would be interesting to find out if this caused my Cerebral Palsy though whatever it is.

16. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

Maybe it's better to have these tests to be sure, and to rule out any problems, than to just go forward on the basis of the EKG alone. It's a good idea to have more information than less, in my opinion.

Were there any complications when you were born?

I've had a heart murmur most of my life. It may have been the result of rheumatic fever, which I had when I was 13. For many people, heart murmurs are "innocent" and fairly common.

If you can, try not to stress too much over this. I know that's difficult. But stress is unhealthy, as you know.

Sending you lots of healing energy and prayers.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

18. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((funnylegs4)))))) ~

Maybe it's better to have these tests to be sure, and to rule out any problems, than to just go forward on the basis of the EKG alone. It's a good idea to have more information than less, in my opinion.

Were there any complications when you were born?

I've had a heart murmur most of my life. It may have been the result of rheumatic fever, which I had when I was 13. For many people, heart murmurs are "innocent" and fairly common.

If you can, try not to stress too much over this. I know that's difficult. But stress is unhealthy, as you know.

Sending you lots of healing energy and prayers.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Thanks Rose!! The only complication I am aware of is the CP. Murmer confirmed when I was 8 months to a year around the same time the Cerebral Palsy was fully diagnosed. The heart doctor seems to want to check to see if the heart structure is malformed like maybe my heart didn't form right in the womb leading to in utero stroke i.e CP. That creeps me out but makes sense. I'm fascinated yet utterly terrified and I took my frustrations out on someone else since this whole mess is taking forever and I just want it to go away so I can live to be 100. Nobody seems to get how F*cking scared I am or how hard this is because I have to hold it together when working and it just pissed me off. I feel like a total A**hole. The person probably thinks I'm some psycho. :( How do my friends with chronic illnesses do all this and act so level headed? Why can't I be like them? Cerebral Palsy is so easy compared to this new health issue. I also know nothing about heart monitor tests and I'm afraid I'll break the thing if I sleep in it. Can those things be damaged if slept on or exposed to water? I forgot to ask the doctor. I'll do the tests just to be safe obviously.

20. The following user says "thanks"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast