Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fainted apparently...

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

My heart test is on Thursday. Pray for me please. They showed me the estimated bill for all this...and yikes...do these people think I'm made of money? Ugh. I swear the medical profession over charges.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

2. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

My appointment for my test was rescheduled because of awful weather. I'll keep you posted.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

Blog Entries

So I had my other heart test,not the ultrasound just another EKG. All came back normal so far so he thinks its a harmless form of fainting and most faints have unknown causes. Then I'm supposed to get the ultrasound and a 24 hrs heart rhythm test thing later...ugh. Its like if you think this is harmless why do I have to keep doing the tests? He responded saying because of the Cerebral Palsy they want to check it out since the CP is a sign my brain did lose blood flow at one point. Me: (in mind, sarcastic) Great. :(
    Oh and my heart murmur is still there. Yuck. Would be interesting to find out if this caused my Cerebral Palsy though whatever it is.

Blog Entries

So I called a different doctor because I was a bit annoyed with the first one, just to get some info and see how the heart tests might work. This new guy was much more specific which I LOVED. It sounded like my heart monitor if I had one would be a Holter Monitor(I think that's how its spelled) and it does have sticky electrodes and is pretty small which is good. The downside is you can't accidentally sleep directly on it or it will screw the result. Like the electrodes can still fall off during sleep and you need a good sleep with it in order for the result to work. I had tried to explain my involuntary movement during sleep to the first doc, and the first doc basically blew me off when I brought that up. ugh! I know my own body darn it. I even tested to see if my body could remain still enough a few nights ago and so far nope. Too much movement. I started on my back and in the morning I was on my stomach. The new doc said if my EKGs are normal I probably don't need the monitor. The new doc suggested I get an ultrasound with the first doc then either ask the first doc to ultrasound some of my arteries/veins while he's at it to see why I flushed before fainting because it could mean my arteries or veins are out of whack, or I can go to the new doc to get the arteries done. The ultrasounds make way more sense to me than the monitor at this point. Only thing that I didn't like was this new doc said my murmer could get bigger if I'm not careful. :( Will keep ya posted.

Blog Entries

So today I was in basically the same circumstance that I was in on the day I fainted. Being in this situation was out of necessity and I had been avoiding this type of environment since I fainted as I did not want to faint again. I was careful and slow just in case. Good news, this time NOTHING happened. I felt completely normal. No dizziness, paleness,vomiting etc at all. My heart seemed to be beating at a normal rate. Only thing I noticed was I had a tiny bit of flushing in my feet so I still want my veins checked. After this good experience and all other tests coming back normal, I'm glad I have not yet consented to the heart monitor as after this I believe the monitor is entirely unnecessary. Just relieved my body is back to its normal. I feel stronger and calmer. I'm 99.9 percent sure my fainting spell was the virus and my primary care doc agrees at the moment. Yay!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12