Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question..Botox injection Wednesday...date i then I expected..do you take antibiotics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question..Botox injection Wednesday...date i then I expected..do you take antibiotics

When you got Botox for incontinence did your doc give you antibiotics before and after the procedure?

Any problem with me driving the 20 minutes to and from the place?

Did you take a Valium 5mg before procedure?

Anything else Ishould know?
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Calling Cat...come in Cat....

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
      Calling Cat...come in Cat....
      I sent her a pm too.
      Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

No, no antibiotics were offered, none taken. No valium, either.

They put me to sleep -- light anesthetic. I get there, get prepped, given an anesthetic, and don't know anything is happening until I wake up in the recovery room. It's considered "out patient surgery" and you're treated as such. Nothing to eat after midnight the night before. They'll want to know what meds you're on, and some you shouldn't take until after the procedure. No powder or creams should be applies to the area before the procedure. In my case, it's done in the operating room -- although I don't remember being wheeled in there!

I have been very happy with it. Greatly relieved my bladder spasms without complications. After the first set of shots I did stay on bladder spasm meds for about 6 weeks, then stopped, and haven't taken anything since. The only times since stating this that I've had bladder incontinence was once when my catheter was blocked -- I have a history of bladder stones, and once when I had a UTI. Otherwise I've been dry. A very good thing.

Good luck to you! I hope it goes well.

No, don't drive yourself there! The anesthetic does take awhile to dissipate, you'll be a bit groggy. Get someone to drive you to/from.

I have had no after effects -- been done 4 times now. No pain or discomfort, just the grogginess until the anesthesia wears off.

Comment

Linda, just in case your hubby drives you and it is a morning appointment remember to tell him that TC takes Cat to lunch afterward. Good luck!
          Virginia

Comment

Oh...one more thing: don't be alarmed if your urine is bloody right after the procedure and for the next 24 hours. That's common. If longer than that, call the doctor. And if course call when f you experience anything else unusual.

Comment

Good luck, Laz, hope it goes well and you get the same wonderful results that Cat does!
              Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

Comment

Originally posted by Catdancer View Post
                No, no antibiotics were offered, none taken. No valium, either.

They put me to sleep -- light anesthetic. I get there, get prepped, given an anesthetic, and don't know anything is happening until I wake up in the recovery room. It's considered "out patient surgery" and you're treated as such. Nothing to eat after midnight the night before. They'll want to know what meds you're on, and some you shouldn't take until after the procedure. No powder or creams should be applies to the area before the procedure. In my case, it's done in the operating room -- although I don't remember being wheeled in there!

I have been very happy with it. Greatly relieved my bladder spasms without complications. After the first set of shots I did stay on bladder spasm meds for about 6 weeks, then stopped, and haven't taken anything since. The only times since stating this that I've had bladder incontinence was once when my catheter was blocked -- I have a history of bladder stones, and once when I had a UTI. Otherwise I've been dry. A very good thing.

Good luck to you! I hope it goes well.

No, don't drive yourself there! The anesthetic does take awhile to dissipate, you'll be a bit groggy. Get someone to drive you to/from.

I have had no after effects -- been done 4 times now. No pain or discomfort, just the grogginess until the anesthesia wears off.

Thanks. I don’t know why I am worrying about doing this. Maybe I am concerned that my luck handling my MS and the meds is going to hit a bump in this long road. I read too many unhappy experiences and read too much of the literature that describes only limited benefits. However, with your info. I am shaking my worries off and forging ahead.

The procedure for me is different. I go to the building that houses the urology group and not the hospital. She is only using a med. that numbs the area...I remember thinking it was like a novacaine(sp). I can take a 5mg Valium an hour before if a I want. They want me to stay an hour after the procedure but it is not required. If I do not take the Valium and I am not in great discomfort I can then drive the 20 minutes home.

I am just worrying too much. I want it to work...to be over..no infections or need to learn to cath..Is that too much to ask?
                Last edited by Lazarus; 02-13-2018, 04:53 AM.
                Linda~~~~

Comment

Good luck tomorrow!
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Linda, can you phone the doctor's office and just ask them what HER stats are, ie, how many times she's done this, how many people has it been successful for, how often do the patients use or forego valium, how often side effects occur, etc.

It might boost your confidence if you learn that she has a very good track record and much success?
                    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

Comment

Good idea Suze.

Laz, of course you feel nervous. It’s your first time. Seems natural to me. We will all be thinking of you.

Comment

I hope that this will help you, Linda. And they should try to make the procedure as comfortable as possible for you, seems to me.

I agree--anyone would have concerns.
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

I am in agreement with Sunshine and Agate. This being your first time, it is only natural to be apprehensive. I would be. Plus I don't like being examined anyway.
                          Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus View Post
                            When you got Botox for incontinence did your doc give you antibiotics before and after the procedure?

Any problem with me driving the 20 minutes to and from the place?

Did you take a Valium 5mg before procedure?

Anything else Ishould know?
                            I had a 200mg injection...actually there were many injections. Much of it was extremely painful. However, I told her to keep going. Some of the procedure did not hurt at all.

I did not take the small Valium which might have relaxed the muscles. My husband has been sick and I wanted to be able to drive myself home. Next time maybe I will take the Valium. They did use a numbing substance....wonder if they could use more

Anyway, I feel ok now. Since she was over an hour late the whole thing took up 3 hours instead of 1hour. I am exhausted but if this works, my life will be much, much better.

Thanks for all the encouraging posts.
                            Last edited by Lazarus; 02-14-2018, 12:05 PM.
                            Linda~~~~

Comment

Rest now. Have been thinking about you.

Then, when you recover, maybe let them know how awful it was?

Comment

Working...
                              X