Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Question..Botox injection Wednesday...date i then I expected..do you take antibiotics

Distinguished Community Member

It's not a blood clot as in the type that causes strokes or heart attacks. Remember the bladder is full of fluid. It was a "clump" of blood that formed in the urine, but then "clogged" the end of the catheter, so no fluid could come out. We were watching to be sure the cath bag was filling..it wasn't...and I was feeling like I had a full bladder...which I did. So the clump of blood had to be dislodged -- which is what they did, by injecting saline into the bladder (through the catheter tube). The saline is injected in, and it and urine then flow out...washing out the blood clot too. So real risk to me so long as we caught it right away. The doctor administered about 30 shots of botox into the bladder == so it's not unusual for there to be some blood in the urine.

2. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not a blood clot as in the type that causes strokes or heart attacks. Remember the bladder is full of fluid. It was a "clump" of blood that formed in the urine, but then "clogged" the end of the catheter, so no fluid could come out. We were watching to be sure the cath bag was filling..it wasn't...and I was feeling like I had a full bladder...which I did. So the clump of blood had to be dislodged -- which is what they did, by injecting saline into the bladder (through the catheter tube). The saline is injected in, and it and urine then flow out...washing out the blood clot too. So real risk to me so long as we caught it right away. The doctor administered about 30 shots of botox into the bladder == so it's not unusual for there to be some blood in the urine.
    Thanks for that clear explanation. I am curious about how many shots I got.
    This is week 3 since the Botox injections and I am so happy with the results that I could just dance!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    Thanks for the information. I know I should have asked to be taught self cathing but I just want to enjoy my new freedom. I will ask next time because I am sure I will have to learn.
    Here is a youtube video that may help you. It's been viewed many times.

It could just help give you the peace of mind for those times that it may help to know how.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=apoS5TE85Ts

Glad the botox is giving you freedom!
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuzE-Q View Post
    Here is a youtube video that may help you. It's been viewed many times.

It could just help give you the peace of mind for those times that it may help to know how.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=apoS5TE85Ts

Glad the botox is giving you freedom!
    Thank you so much for posting that video. It is very informative and gives me complete information....as opposed to partial information. This will not be easy for me to learn but, I will have to learn. You have given me a leg up to start. (Yes, pun intended).
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Good information, but since I no longer work well with my hands it scares me! Linda, I hope you do not have to do this, but if you should maybe this will help.
    Virginia

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345