Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question..Botox injection Wednesday...date i then I expected..do you take antibiotics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just thinking that although I am drinking a lot of water that my bathroom trips are only dribbles. She warned me that fluid retention I s a problem and I have to call the office in the morning. Learning to self cath is not going to be an easy learning experience for me. Damn.

However, maybe things will get better.?..I mean if I need to self cath tomorrow then will that be permanent?
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Oh, Linda, I am sorry this is happening to you. I hope it is short term.

ANN
      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Oh man.dammit. Was so hoping it was a pseudo flare. This is such a hateful disease.

Comment

Update...
          Miracle of miracles. From the day of the Botox injections I have not taken any bladder meds....these are meds I have taken for 25 years! No more dry mouth, no more bad breath! No accidents or leaks. Freedom.
          I am not sure what will happen and I seem to have some side effects but my quality of life has changed. I see her next Monday and will see what she has to say.

Thanks for all the encouragement...really. It helped a lot.
          Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Since I may have to have it done, I am also hoping no self cath also. Seriously, really happy to hear this Linda!
            Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus View Post
              Update...
              Miracle of miracles. From the day of the Botox injections I have not taken any bladder meds....these are meds I have taken for 25 years! No more dry mouth, no more bad breath! No accidents or leaks. Freedom.
              I am not sure what will happen and I seem to have some side effects but my quality of life has changed. I see her next Monday and will see what she has to say.

Thanks for all the encouragement...really. It helped a lot.
              Nothing should happen, until it's time to repeat the shots, sometime around 6-8 months away. You may have an "accident" if you get a particularly bad bladder spasm, or get a bladder infection, but those should be rare. You'll know when it's time to have another round when bladder spasms become apparent again.

I'm scheduled for my next round on Monday. Today I noticed repeated spasms, and was wet tonight when I undressed for bed. This happened before at the end of December when I had a UTI...But that was the first time since the round of Botox shots in September... So twice in 6 months. Not bad!

Comment

Not bad at all Cat!

Great news Laz!

Comment

Another update...
                  I saw the doc yesterday. First someone measured the fluid I was retaining. She said I was right on the border and I might not have to self cath. I was retaining 218 something’s (I forget the term for the measurement) and they consider over 200 as the number to watch.

Anyway, I came home with another appt. in 2 months unless something changes. So, fingers crossed!
                  It is astounding to be living a freer life. So much of my daily life had been organized around incontinence that I had not noticed! I realize that even if I have to learn to eliminate the fluid myself, it would be very much worth it.
                  Linda~~~~

Comment

I just had my Botox shots repeated yesterday. Once every six months for me. In my case, with a catheter, I start experiencing bladder spasms and "spills" about five months in, getting me to a phone to schedule the next round....

I had a small complication yesterday....a blood clot clogged the Cath tube, but an irrigation cleared it and all is good, now!

Comment

Originally posted by Catdancer View Post
                      I just had my Botox shots repeated yesterday. Once every six months for me. In my case, with a catheter, I start experiencing bladder spasms and "spills" about five months in, getting me to a phone to schedule the next round....

I had a small complication yesterday....a blood clot clogged the Cath tube, but an irrigation cleared it and all is good, now!
                      Thanks for the information. I know I should have asked to be taught self cathing but I just want to enjoy my new freedom. I will ask next time because I am sure I will have to learn.
                      I am so glad I did the Botox. Every 6 months is the same schedule as my rituxan.

Blood clot sounds dangerous. Did you have any idea it was there?
                      Linda~~~~

Comment

It's not a blood clot as in the type that causes strokes or heart attacks. Remember the bladder is full of fluid. It was a "clump" of blood that formed in the urine, but then "clogged" the end of the catheter, so no fluid could come out. We were watching to be sure the cath bag was filling..it wasn't...and I was feeling like I had a full bladder...which I did. So the clump of blood had to be dislodged -- which is what they did, by injecting saline into the bladder (through the catheter tube). The saline is injected in, and it and urine then flow out...washing out the blood clot too. So real risk to me so long as we caught it right away. The doctor administered about 30 shots of botox into the bladder == so it's not unusual for there to be some blood in the urine.

Comment

Originally posted by Catdancer View Post
                          It's not a blood clot as in the type that causes strokes or heart attacks. Remember the bladder is full of fluid. It was a "clump" of blood that formed in the urine, but then "clogged" the end of the catheter, so no fluid could come out. We were watching to be sure the cath bag was filling..it wasn't...and I was feeling like I had a full bladder...which I did. So the clump of blood had to be dislodged -- which is what they did, by injecting saline into the bladder (through the catheter tube). The saline is injected in, and it and urine then flow out...washing out the blood clot too. So real risk to me so long as we caught it right away. The doctor administered about 30 shots of botox into the bladder == so it's not unusual for there to be some blood in the urine.
                          Thanks for that clear explanation. I am curious about how many shots I got.
                          This is week 3 since the Botox injections and I am so happy with the results that I could just dance!
                          Linda~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus View Post
                            Thanks for the information. I know I should have asked to be taught self cathing but I just want to enjoy my new freedom. I will ask next time because I am sure I will have to learn.
                            Here is a youtube video that may help you. It's been viewed many times.

It could just help give you the peace of mind for those times that it may help to know how.

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Glad the botox is giving you freedom!
                            Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

Comment

Originally posted by SuzE-Q View Post
                              Here is a youtube video that may help you. It's been viewed many times.

It could just help give you the peace of mind for those times that it may help to know how.

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Glad the botox is giving you freedom!
                              Thank you so much for posting that video. It is very informative and gives me complete information....as opposed to partial information. This will not be easy for me to learn but, I will have to learn. You have given me a leg up to start. (Yes, pun intended).
                              Linda~~~~

Comment

Good information, but since I no longer work well with my hands it scares me! Linda, I hope you do not have to do this, but if you should maybe this will help.
                                Virginia

Comment

Working...
                                X