Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Question..Botox injection Wednesday...date i then I expected..do you take antibiotics

Distinguished Community Member

I hope it works as well for you as it's done for me! But I'm still gonna let them out me to sleep! :)

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

When you get these bladder injections, do they open you up at all, or it's done from outside your body, through the skin?

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Behind that black cat is surely a man. Howie, surely you know how a woman functions. They go in from the vaginal area.
    Virginia

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Behind that black cat is surely a man. Howie, surely you know how a woman functions. They go in from the vaginal area.
    I seem to have had an MS relapse from the stress. Not bad but I have been sleeping for days...I like Cat’s process but what I did gave me the independence I needed to get there aand back by myself. I am quite isolated here on my farm but maybe I can think of someone to pick me up next time. Since it only is done infrequently I have time to weigh my options.

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Oh man. If it is what they call pseudo flare, then there is hope it will recede with rest?

Did you alert your neuro?

Yeah, time to reach out for a ride next time. I have learned to do that. It was a hard lesson for a formerly super independent surfer girl.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 02-16-2018 at 09:00 AM.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Oh man. If it is what they call pseudo flare, then there is hope it will recede with rest?

Did you alert your neuro?

Yeah, time to reach out for a ride next time. I have learned to do that. It was a hard lesson for a formerly super independent surfer girl.
    I may be forced to give up my much liked flip phone and get a smart phone. Then I would have access to Uber.
    We’ll see. If it works I may just do it the same way again but take the Valium. Now that I understand the pain (for me...everyone does not have such severe pain) I would be better prepared to face it.....maybe.

And yes, it is a pseudo flare. I am sure it is.
    Last edited by Lazarus; 02-16-2018 at 09:17 AM.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

I had to sadly give up my flip phone @4 months ago for a smartphone. Living rural, we had a network extender in the house so we could make and receive calls. It began to fail. We were told Verizon’s extenders are on back order 4 months if ever, as they’re moving away from that.

So we tried trading it in for a newer flip phone. Sadly they didn’t have the ability to set more than 5 alarms a day. I need about ten as I have 11 dosing events per day of Meds.

So, rather than waiting a week for a third try at a flip phone, for same price, switched to smart phone.

I hate it except for one feature: you can dictate your texts into the phone.

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    I had to sadly give up my flip phone @4 months ago for a smartphone. Living rural, we had a network extender in the house so we could make and receive calls. It began to fail. We were told Verizon’s extenders are on back order 4 months if ever, as they’re moving away from that.

So we tried trading it in for a newer flip phone. Sadly they didn’t have the ability to set more than 5 alarms a day. I need about ten as I have 11 dosing events per day of Meds.

So, rather than waiting a week for a third try at a flip phone, for same price, switched to smart phone.

Hi Sunshine! I put my reply within your original post...it is below
    That is neat..being able to dictate your texts. I can text on my flip phone but I have to press a number many times to get the correct letter! I also feel I should switch before I am really too old to learn. But, I really hate the smart phones that have taught humans to interact with them in preference to other humans.

I hate it except for one feature: you can dictate your texts into the phone.
    . My response is above this last line of your entry. Oops
    Last edited by Lazarus; 02-16-2018 at 03:02 PM.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Not to be an alarmist here but a person with CP I know who had botox as a kid just told me it caused bladder malfunction, dizziness and vomiting. I think in his case it may have been done improperly. When I was offered botox I was told I could lose bladder functions. Maybe its only in CP that this happens. Not sure.
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 02-16-2018 at 10:41 PM.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

You could lose bladder function. Some people need to self-cath after the procedure. But when you're incontinent, any control is better than no control!, So trying it is worth the risk, imho. I have a catheter, so bladder function isn't an issue.

20. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast