Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question..Botox injection Wednesday...date i then I expected..do you take antibiotics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am glad it is over. Next time you will know to ask for extra numbing.
    Virginia

Comment

I'll ask for Cat's doctor's method.

Glad you are home, Linda.

ANN
      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

That sounds painful! I like my method better! �� in fact, it's SO much fun, I'm going again on March 5 to have it again.

But I'm a little confused...you're sound like they were external?? The shots I get are inside the bladder, where he also removes any bladder stones or sediment accumulated....
        Attached Files

Comment

Cat, I don't know if it would be anything similar or not, but many years ago I had to have a 4 quadrant biopsy. They told me it would not hurt. Believe me it did. I was unable to get up off the table unaided. The nurses helped me into the waiting room where my husband was. I got over it quickly, but it did hurt really bad. They did not give me anything to numb me or relax me.
          Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by Catdancer View Post
            That sounds painful! I like my method better! �� in fact, it's SO much fun, I'm going again on March 5 to have it again.

But I'm a little confused...you're sound like they were external?? The shots I get are inside the bladder, where he also removes any bladder stones or sediment accumulated....
            Sorry if I was unclear. I too got shots inside the bladder. If I had taken the small Valium my muscles would have been relaxed. My goal was being able to get to the facility and back by myself.

Things are good today. NO bleeding or burning. If it works I will do it again.
            Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

I hope it works as well for you as it's done for me! But I'm still gonna let them out me to sleep! :)

Comment

When you get these bladder injections, do they open you up at all, or it's done from outside your body, through the skin?
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Behind that black cat is surely a man. Howie, surely you know how a woman functions. They go in from the vaginal area.
                  Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by Virginia View Post
                    Behind that black cat is surely a man. Howie, surely you know how a woman functions. They go in from the vaginal area.
                    I seem to have had an MS relapse from the stress. Not bad but I have been sleeping for days...I like Cat’s process but what I did gave me the independence I needed to get there aand back by myself. I am quite isolated here on my farm but maybe I can think of someone to pick me up next time. Since it only is done infrequently I have time to weigh my options.
                    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Oh man. If it is what they call pseudo flare, then there is hope it will recede with rest?

Did you alert your neuro?

Yeah, time to reach out for a ride next time. I have learned to do that. It was a hard lesson for a formerly super independent surfer girl.
                      Last edited by Sunshine; 02-16-2018, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
                        Oh man. If it is what they call pseudo flare, then there is hope it will recede with rest?

Did you alert your neuro?

Yeah, time to reach out for a ride next time. I have learned to do that. It was a hard lesson for a formerly super independent surfer girl.
                        I may be forced to give up my much liked flip phone and get a smart phone. Then I would have access to Uber.
                        We’ll see. If it works I may just do it the same way again but take the Valium. Now that I understand the pain (for me...everyone does not have such severe pain) I would be better prepared to face it.....maybe.

And yes, it is a pseudo flare. I am sure it is.
                        Last edited by Lazarus; 02-16-2018, 08:17 AM.
                        Linda~~~~

Comment

I had to sadly give up my flip phone @4 months ago for a smartphone. Living rural, we had a network extender in the house so we could make and receive calls. It began to fail. We were told Verizon’s extenders are on back order 4 months if ever, as they’re moving away from that.

So we tried trading it in for a newer flip phone. Sadly they didn’t have the ability to set more than 5 alarms a day. I need about ten as I have 11 dosing events per day of Meds.

So, rather than waiting a week for a third try at a flip phone, for same price, switched to smart phone.

I hate it except for one feature: you can dictate your texts into the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
                            I had to sadly give up my flip phone @4 months ago for a smartphone. Living rural, we had a network extender in the house so we could make and receive calls. It began to fail. We were told Verizon’s extenders are on back order 4 months if ever, as they’re moving away from that.

So we tried trading it in for a newer flip phone. Sadly they didn’t have the ability to set more than 5 alarms a day. I need about ten as I have 11 dosing events per day of Meds.

So, rather than waiting a week for a third try at a flip phone, for same price, switched to smart phone.

Hi Sunshine! I put my reply within your original post...it is below
                            That is neat..being able to dictate your texts. I can text on my flip phone but I have to press a number many times to get the correct letter! I also feel I should switch before I am really too old to learn. But, I really hate the smart phones that have taught humans to interact with them in preference to other humans.

I hate it except for one feature: you can dictate your texts into the phone.
                            . My response is above this last line of your entry. Oops
                            Last edited by Lazarus; 02-16-2018, 02:02 PM.
                            Linda~~~~

Comment

Not to be an alarmist here but a person with CP I know who had botox as a kid just told me it caused bladder malfunction, dizziness and vomiting. I think in his case it may have been done improperly. When I was offered botox I was told I could lose bladder functions. Maybe its only in CP that this happens. Not sure.
                              Last edited by funnylegs4; 02-16-2018, 09:41 PM.
                              Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
                              My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

You could lose bladder function. Some people need to self-cath after the procedure. But when you're incontinent, any control is better than no control!, So trying it is worth the risk, imho. I have a catheter, so bladder function isn't an issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X