Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who has gone off their MS meds? What happened?

Community Member

Ok this is where things started to getting bad for me
    about a year and a half out after quitting my DMD, I started becoming very sick lost approximately 50 pounds, everyday i was getting worse i couldn't get help because nobody had any idea as to what was happening to me. I thought MS was rearing it's ugly head again, I was becoming weaker everyday.

Over the years usually once a year I would do a search looking for papers discussing the regrowth of myelin regeneration for years I never came across anything that would help regenerate Myelin, then I came across a paper out of I believe it was Malaysia discussing a Mushroom that can regenerate nerve's
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3176599/
    I did about 6 months of reading on this substance, there was no worry about it contradicting other drugs, and I saw Nerve growth Regeneration.
    I have to go i will finish this later
    soul

soul

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Soul, as you know I am on MMJ. The doc Rx a THC:CBD ratio of 1:1. I think Cesamet and Marinol are pure THC and no CBD. It is the ratio of the two that are key as they work together. There are also som Minor players in MMJ called Terpenes.

I used Marinol and it did not work any where as well as MMJ.

Just something to think of.

4. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Community Member

Then I am sure you are aware of the risk of the P450 enzyme and its effects on the other drugs we take, if not do some reading on it Sunshine
    soul

https://www.projectcbd.org/science/c...ytochrome-p450

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Suze, the medical MJ rout I am fully licensed and completely legal.
    soul
    Can you tell me why you'd take the synthetic med then, instead? I've always thought, maybe wrongly, that the natural product was better.

How has your MS been since you stopped Rebif? And has this weight loss/allergies affected your MS?

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Community Member

Why the Pharmaceutical, I have been a true believer in MJ for all the years I have been living with MS, people who know me on this board should remember Grassman, he and I basically were the Marijuana fighters on this board when it was a pretty hot topic in the US.

As to Pharmaceutical THC, when I first stated looking into it I could barely walk I had a nasty hip/ limp and pain. I started with Cesamet and within one day I lost the limp I walk normally now and it had nothing to do with a joint. But to Marijuana I am a pretty heavy user of Marijuana I am licensed for 14 grams a day, some days I need it and some days I don't need as much as I am scripted
    soul

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Community Member

A continuation about what happened. Once I realized what properties this Mushroom held I went looking for it, took me probably 2 months to find it as a supplement and once I started it things started changing for me I started gaining weight again my mind became sharper my dexterity improved and many more changes, eventually I found it in bulk by the pound, and started processing it myself. For the first 6 months on it, it was like my brain was tingling I really didn't know what it was but it seemed to be a positive thing and went with it. so many thing changed for me after that there is no way I will stop taking this Mushroom

And No it's not Magic Mushrooms, there completely legal.

soul

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

soul, how do you purchased the mushroom product and dose it? I want to try this.

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Just emailed MMJ doc who responded that the article is talking about much higher doses than her patients require. And sources that pass through the liver. This doesn’t apply to vaping or sublingual drop.

She mainly watches carefully if patient is on Coumadin and seizure Meds. She monitors that very carefully.

16. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Community Member

I purchase my Lions Mane in bulk by the pound, take it clean it, using a food processor to grind and create a powder out of it, the people I supply with it all have MS, they pack the powder in veg caps.
    My self I mix it up with a Banana and it works great. If you try it you will find your mind races, you can find it in Health Food Stores in capsules.

When I started and I saw things changing I went to town, I started at two caps a day, then when I found a bulk supply I pushed it up to about 6 grams AM 6 grams PM so a total of about 10 - 12 grams a day. I get the bulk from a Ayurvedic Herb suppler I use a shot glass to measure the amount if put on a scale it 5 1/2
    to 6 grams
    soul
    Last edited by soul; 02-14-2018 at 02:40 PM. Reason: because I can

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Community Member

Drugs that Interact with Cannabidiol

Any drug metabolized by cytochrome P-450 enzymes could potentially interact with cannabidiol. According to the Indiana University Department of Medicine, drugs known to use the cytochrome P-450 system include:

Steroids
    HMG CoA reductase inhibitors
    Calcium channel blockers
    Antihistamines
    Prokinetics
    HIV antivirals
    Immune modulators
    Benzodiazepines
    Anti-arrythmics
    Antibiotics
    Anesthetics
    Anti-psychotics
    Anti-depressants
    Anti-epileptics
    Beta blockers
    PPIs
    NSAIDs
    Angiotension II blockers
    Oral hypoglycemic agents
    Sulfonylureas

Keep in mind that this list does not necessarily contain every medication that could be affected by cannabidiol. Likewise, not every medication in each of the categories listed will cause an interaction. For this reason, you should consult with a medical professional before taking any combination of drugs at the same time, as alternative medications or dosage adjustments may be required. If you are worried that you P-450 enzyme system may not be functioning properly, physicians can test the system to ensure that the medications you take are metabolizing as expected.

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast