Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Febuary Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With or without frosting?
    I usually have it with frosting, but got it plain this time. I've got to watch my waist to fit into these thongs.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No frosting for Howie's PopTarts! Watching his boyish figure!
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I want to look good while I'm watching the girlish figures.

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I went to Nephew's (Grayson) house again tonight. My older brother and his wife came from Hilton Head, SC. One of his daughters and her husband came from about 50 miles away, another Niece (Grayson's sister) and her husband and my two other brothers and their wives. There were 11 of us. My oldest brother had not seen the house, nor had his daughter. Grayson's Mom fixed a salad, other sister-in-law who lives here fixed some desert and we ordered a bunch of different kind of pizzas. We had a good time. After the golf tournament Grayson called and he was on speaker phone. We were all talking and laughing. I told him to keep us apprised of his schedule so we could plan our parties at his house. He laughed and said he was going to start charging us rent. He has a security system that allows him to monitor the outside of his house so he could see all the cars gathered there.

It was a nice evening, but I am not feeling at all well and have not been this week, so I was glad I was able to go and see my older brother since I only get to see him maybe a couple of times a year.
    Virginia

8. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Virginia, I am sorry that you are not feeling well.

It sounds like there wasn't any fallout from the FB posting.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

10. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Is it February already?!?!?!?! The past couple of days are a blur. We drove much of the day yesterday and went tour condo in NH. Started driving in a snowstorm with temps right at freezing. slippery. Not much accumulation for the first 150 miles but we are sitting here in single digit temps now and about 2 feet of snow on the ground. My sister Lin and her husband Scott, her second daughter with her 3 kids 3-8, joined us by suppertime last night. They are in the condo across the hall from ours. It has been 30 hours of entertaining kids, feeding folks, laundry, guys off recreating together and finally it is quiet and peaceful. We plan on being here till Thursday and they will stay till Friday. There is a good chance our youngest cousin of the family we grew up with will be here Monday for 2-3 days. Nice (but very real) family time. We use our condo to eat and snack and theirs for settling and bedding kids down and watching videos while being near them as they sleep. It is nice that they decided to rent a condo on the same floor in our building as the kids are up between 5:30 and 6 in the morning and we are generally not up and going till around 8. The place is well soundproofed so we are not aware of the activity across the hall. If my cousin comes, she will be in our Unit in the Studio lock out off our living room.

We know that David and Scott will be watching the Super Bowl tomorrow. The kids and I have set up a list of movies and games to engage in together during that time. Today I spent a couple of hours with the 5 and a half year old building with Legos and doing her hair and having her read to me. She came to me after supper tonight to apologize for her 3 year old sister interrupting our game of scrabble because "she isn't old enough to know that her tiles are not real words! Angst about spelling from a 5 year old! I think the guys may ski tomorrow before the game with buy one get one ticket at Waterville Valley. Monday they may repeat at $39 /person for the day then Tuesday on Cannon mountain for 2 for $74. I don't know how folks who love to ski are able to afford it.

12. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Ann, there was fallout from FB post. That sister-in-law and brother were pretty cool and a little distant to me. Also, youngest Niece and her husband are having a super bowl party tomorrow evening. Since she lives quite a distance away I was to ride with that SIL and brother. Then they told me they were going to be out of town. I thought tonight was to take the place of tomorrow night. However, they were making plans for the party and the brother who told me they were going to be out of town was getting directions and time. I could not have gone due to feeling really bad, but it was hurtful. However, there is nothing I can do about it now and I think I would say it again.

Cherie sounds like some nice time off for you. Hope you and David enjoy the trip to the condo and enjoy being with friends.
    Virginia

14. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Virginia, it sounds as if they lied to you. That is so hurtful when that happens, particularly if it's family. I'm so sorry you had this happen. I hope this won't mean a permanent rift.

A party might have been tiring for you, or at least that's one way to look at it. If you weren't that interested in the game, you might have been expected to do a lot of serving and cleanup. So maybe missing out on the party isn't entirely bad?

Cherie, I don't know much about skiing except that it's a very popular pastime in the Pacific NW, what with the Cascade Mountains being so handy. People do like to go up there to play. Hope your skiing guys will have a great time.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Agate, they did lie to me and I would not have known any of them were going to have the party tonight if I had not been there last night. I was called about last night because my older brother and his wife were going to be there. So, I pretty much had to be notified about that.

I could not have gone out again tonight, but that does not make me feel any better about any of this. All other family members knew what was going on. I was the only one who did not. Only time will tell how much damage has been done.
    Virginia

18. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Guys did some snowshowing with my niece's 8 year old this afternoon and now everyone is over at the pool for some pregame play as it continues to snow outside. Gave me a chance to vacuum the sand and salt from the entryways of both units and the kitchen floors (next to entry). I also have got the cheese cut, fruit and veggies cut, and pizzas ready to go in the oven for later during game time. Below zero at the stadium and it is reportedly the coldest day ever for the super bowl.

20. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast