Keep on Moving Club: February 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep on Moving Club: February 2018

MS creates some real challenges to keep on moving. It helps to inspire each other on how to find ways to move.

Did you stretch in your bed, swing your arms, roll side to side today? Or perhaps you did housework? Or exercised in a pool? Tracked your count of steps? Chased your cat around the home? Pushed the wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store? Post them here and we can support and egg each other on.

Bumping up so we post on Feb, not Jan.

Comment

I mopped the two floors today!

Well, I thought about doing them on my hands and knees but thought better of that. I'll wait on that until it's closer to the inspection time (Feb. 12). Today I just swept and mopped them with the Mr. Clean gadget that has disposable mop attachments.

I'm not worrying very much about the cost of this or whether it's eco-friendly. At my age, I'm figuring I can get away with a thing or two.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

You mean at 34 you can get away with that?
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Howie, that black cat looks like Halloween!

I agree that Agate is 34.

I went to grocery store, drug store and 2nd grocery store. Glad to get home.
          Virginia

Comment

That black cat looks like Sam too!
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

No wonder you never get into any trouble, Howie. You have a cat like that staring at you.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

That's her "I need more sliced turkey" look. I see it several times a day.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Good job Agate and Virginia!

Yesterday, I strolled around the living room circuit for 5 minutes. Big mistake. Have I learned nothing? Will aim for 2 minutes next.
                  Last edited by Sunshine; 02-02-2018, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Today I swam 20 minutes:650 Yards, between a quarter and half mile. I am fit enough to swim my mile, but my muscles stiffen and want to spasm after 1/4 mile. Water was 81,air was 73.

The lack of chilly wind made it better than last time. My muscles want to lock up in the cold

Comment

Sunshine, 20 minutes is amazing. Good for you!
                      Virginia

Comment

Think of all of us as right there, cheering you on. Howie is letting Sam play in the sand, and he's out there in a pineapple somewhere, but some of us are wrapped in our towels to keep warm. When you get out of the water, you can have some of these roasted marshmallows:

Cat Dancer and some of the other expert cooks around here have seen to it that they're done to a turn.

Comment

Aw shucks.(blush), thank you!

It will be cooler out today. Let’s see how it goes. The limiting factor is the impact of the cold in muscle spasms.

Comment

since the weather outside is frightful,, I am letting my granddaughter ride,,, I stay in and exercise..

I have a pedal bike I ride for 15 minutes,, lift 10# weights,, 15 reps,, and my biggie is the crunch machine,, I am up to 80 reps on this machine,, least this helps me move
                            " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Comment

Whoa Peg! You’re kicking butt! Here I thought I was all that with my 8 lb weights! Good job! You get the Keep on Moving award of the month.

I swam 15 minutes today, 550yards. I cut it short to reserve muscle performance to deal with the cold. The pool wS a nice 81; but it was windy and cloudy 69F air. Not to mention the frigid 63F locker room!

Comment

Working...
                              X