Thread: Where is everyone?

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

Default Where is everyone?

this was once a large thriving forum when I went absent but everyone is gone. I was never a regular poster but I am posting now.

My pain let's see fibro is at about a humming 5 which is good considering this funky weather. my feet, if I would keep them flat on the floor I would have less problems I think. I am short legged so have a tendency to put my stocking feet up on things even sometimes each other until it gets too painful and I have to move them. They range between a 6 and an 8 almost all the time with screaming 9s thrown in. My lower lumbar has been actually doing pretty good it's about a 5 if I think of it. Now my fractured leg is at a screaming 6 but fluctuates with sharp 10s if I don't move it right. My mouth hurts due to receding bone and gum line that's about a screaming 7. My knees aren't too bad because I just got up so right now if I focus on them I get nothing sitting here. That's good.

Now I know that there are worse here and winter is a sucky time for those with chronic pain problems especially with the funky fluctuations. I hope you are all doing as well as possible and that you
    had a great holiday. Ha January is still here so I can talk about the holiday

Last edited by houghchrst; 01-24-2018 at 07:58 AM.

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

houghchrist = I am Still Here - Sorry to hear about the leg and other issues - I say at a 5 most of the time and that is with Meds, Indeed , Winter is not kind to us CP'ers - and Arizona does get COLD no Snow Here but further North... but cold - Esp. My house, Elec. costing what it does. I am hanging in there - somehow. Thank the good lord I am a man of faith as that is what is sustaining me. Blessings and I hope you see this and others, I remember when the forum was alive with people, Now, not so much - Hope this finds you doing as well as you can be.
    Blessings
    Alex44 (AKA Steve - Skypilot)

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Alex good to 'see' you.

I read my post and I must have been having a good day lol. Not so much. Spring is here and I sit and look out my windows and cry because I hurt so bad I can't get out there to work in the yard. It is one of my favorite things to do and I can't even fix it to make it suitable to even look at. My mower is broke down so I am going to have to pay someone to mow for me. The thing left that I could actuallly do. Ride my mower and listen to my music full blast to drown out my dreadful singing. A new mower is going to cost me at least $300 and that is a conservative used estimate.

I am considering cleaning out my garage and getting rid of all the 'projects' i had hoped ot work on. I just keep getting worse. Had MRI done nad I understand little of it. Have appt to discuss findings and arrange for back injections.

The MMJ is keeping me from losing my mind. I have some pain meds but i know how rarely a prescription is going to come so I take one when I am at a long time screaming 10. No longer go to the hospital and get pain relief. I have been so many times in the last year for other things they probably would give me aspirin, they gave me 5mg Norco for my broken leg, now that's comical. I am afraid of the Ibuprofen since I had my heart attack.

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Chris & Alex)))))) ~

Sending positive, healing energy and prayers for you both.

Although I am in constant RA pain, I take nothing for it, because I have to be functional to care for Jon and Jim. I've shrunk 2 inches and cannot stand up straight, so I probably have osteoporosis. I haven't seen a doctor for myself in 23 years. Too busy taking care of others.

I've had PA and RA for the majority of my life, and I'm old now, and my body is rebelling from the many years I lifted my sons into their adulthood.

At 3:00 this morning, my back was screaming with hot pain after being up and active for 19 hours straight. Jim offered to rub Aspercreme in my back. I laughed and told him that there isn't enough Aspercreme on Earth to stop this pain. I finally crawled into bed at 3:30 with my best friend, the heating pad. Just being off of my feet helps relieve the pain.

All of this to explain that I understand your pain, and your frustrations, and I am praying for you.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Rose you are an inspiration. Your fortitude, love and generosity are humbling.

Alex I seem to have circled back round to the screaming at God phase in my pain filled depressive state. I mean damn, come on, can't a body get a break. scuse language but seriously. Trying to learn mindfulness but the old brain just won't shut up.

Have an appt with my therapist today. been a long time. guess maybe it shows.

Going to try to go outside today. No sun and cooler than the last couple of days but I have not been out in the yard in a long time. Must stop sitting at this computer for so long I know that this chair is not good for my back.

10. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Chris)))))) ~

Thank you for your kind compliments. The credit for who I am today goes to Michael and Jonathan. While my life has been quite full of challenges, the rewards far outweigh them.

I continually count my blessings. I'm fortunate to live in California, so every day is beautiful. I acknowledge and give thanks for the beautiful day. I also give thanks everyday that we haven't had an earthquake. I begin my nightly prayers, as I lay on my back with the heating pad kicked up 2 notches, with "Thank You for today, yesterday and tomorrow."

Instead of thinking about what I don't have, I think about what I do have. That helps me to cope.

There is always going to be one more thing, Chris. Always. We have a dozen unresolved things, and then, plop!, along comes one more thing.

It helps me to plan each day, so that I accomplish at least a few of my goals. Eg., today, I stripped the gold wrought iron Christmas trees in Michael's room and the living room, which is now Jim's man cave, of ornaments, wrapped them and boxed them up. It's the end of April, and I've finally wiped out Christmas. Next, put away the Easter decorations.

Having a structure or a schedule each day also helps me to keep on track. Maybe if you take this approach, you will start feeling like you're making progress.

I hope that your therapy session was beneficial and that you're feeling uplifted.

Your next investment should be a good desk chair. You need to keep your connection here.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

12. The following user says "thanks"

Yes Rose I am in desperate need of a new computer chair, I believe the one I am using is probably over 50 years old. I inherited it and gave Jared my other one after he broke it's twin. Very sturdy but not good for the back. Actually my little dining room table has been taken over by my computer lol. I have one of those big rubber balls, needs air but I have thought of getting that out and using it. I had used it at PT. I know how you feel about christmas decor, I just finally got mine put away, pretty much. I just totally skipped Easter decor and had dinner with my boys and grands. There are so many things I want to change or incorporate into my life that I feel overwhelmed and wind up mentally freezing thereby getting nothing done. Now when it comes to the house I do pick up and get a bit done here and there. I forget to be grateful. That is my huge problem because if I am mindful of the things I get done and have and feel gratitude I feel, this may sound weird, a physical feeling of fullness in the center of my being. It can drop me to my knees if I let it. I've said too much. I have to go

I just wanted you to know that I think of all of those here and not here on a daily basis. My therapists always asks me about 'my group' and have I been checking in. I look to see if there are new posts but I have nothing important or relevant to contribute. It is one of my browser's homepages .

I see the new pain management doctor on Monday. This appt should have occurred months ago but between breaking my leg then being sick and all my other appts I have had to reschedule so now I will finally get details on my MRI readings and get ready for injections. Pain is bad but I am trying to stay busy and get/keep my house in order. There is more but I will post in ES in the Whats happenin thread. I gotta ramble today.

Here's sending pain free prayers for all.

New Community Member
    530 Lytton Ave, 2nd Floor Palo Alto, California 94301

Nowadays, everybody is attempting to make sense of how to interface with other individuals. It used to be basic, you simply put a few promotions in whatever daily paper that was most suited to your item, yet now that world is ending up always superfluous. So how would you interface with other individuals today?

Distinguished Community Member

To All - Thank You for the kind words. I have stopped interacting with a lot of people - mainly because the people are in bars and clubs, and I don't need the extra crap. make no mistake, I like a FEW beers as well as the next guy , But all the gossip, In-fighting etc. ( Very small town - no secrets here,) Just got tired of it. Houghchrist, Rose, I get it about the pain, the fact that you Rose do so much is amazing and I don't know how you do it and you are blessed . Houghchrist, I totally get no energy. I have trouble keeping my house clean. try to not give up on your crafts although I know it must be difficult for you - I am an artist by nature and have had NO inspiration to paint at all or even do music, Used to sing and play guitar - - Now No inspiration and a crippled up hand so am hoping for it to come back to me. I remember when you were always busy, s I recall you were working in leather at one time? 5mg. for a broken Leg? I hope this was in addition to your usual meds. When my hand got crippled(no longer have use of my little finger) I got my usual Meds and for the additional pain 1 MG. of Diludid - a joke - of course when the hospital is known as the "Morgue" it did not surprise me. I swear they will soon give you two aspirin and tell you call them in the morning. It is said it is darkest before the dawn, since I don't sleep, i can tell you this is true but even the sunlight only brings heat (100+ here in AZ.) so I am keeping on, trying to find structure, hard when you are by yourself but got to keep on truckin. Houghchrist - Super hope the new PM Doc. treats you better, You (we all do) deserve it. Rose - you are an Earth Angel to take such wonderful care of your family. Wish I could do MMJ but the VA - Need I say more? that and I am being tapered off Xanax - can-t have both - the politico's saw to that - fear of overdose they say - How about my AD's - an OD from those would be much worse - (No worry's - I'm not going anywhere until Spirit calls me home) But it stinks.
    Blessings to all
    Ya'll are in my prayers
    Skypilot Steve AKA Alex44

16. The following user says "thanks"