Reopening a sticky thread for editing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reopening a sticky thread for editing?

I understand that to edit the Useful Websites sticky thread on the MS board, I need to wait until the thread can be reopened for editing. I'd like to know how long the wait might be?

The thread needs quite a bit of tinkering. There has been a dramatic increase in the number of available MS drugs in recent years, for instance. Also, there are links in that thread that no longer work.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Hi agate :)

The "useful links" thread is open to posting. We (mods or admins) can edit the first post to update/remove broken links and to add new links. David and I decided to just keep the replies going so folks would see that new stuff was added. I still think that's a good idea and we (mods/admin) can still make the edit to the first post so it's all current and easy to find.

So to summarize: reply to the thread with the good/new links and then a mod/admin can edit the first post so all of that info is current/correct. Sound good?
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

Sounds good to me though there will be a lot of changes. Also, I was hoping do some tweaks in the formatting just to make post #1 and a couple of other posts more readable. Some stray bits of code have crept in, and there are some inconsistencies in the fonts. I wanted to make it as readable as possible since many of our members have vision problems.

But since it doesn't seem possible just to reopen the thread (temporarily) for editing, this arrangement sounds fine. I'm sorry I can't move along faster on this. It may have to be done a bit at a time.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Working...
      X