Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kathleen

Distinguished Community Member

Funnylegs, Yes she takes aspirin daily to prevent more strokes.

Thank both for healing prayers! She is still doing well. Each day we walk a little further. She definitely needs the help of the walker and myself but she enjoys getting up and moving.

Mary Grace

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mg12061 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Funnylegs, Yes she takes aspirin daily to prevent more strokes.

Thank both for healing prayers! She is still doing well. Each day we walk a little further. She definitely needs the help of the walker and myself but she enjoys getting up and moving.

Mary Grace
    You're welcome and thanks! I figured since one of the consultants on my film took aspirin for their stroke. My teacher however has a stronger blood thinning medication he takes that causes side effects. That reminds me, did you see my film? Link is here http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php
    Yeah that's probably the source of the bleeding. So glad she is doing well with the walking cast! It will get easier for her each day. I always walked with crutches or a walker when in a walking cast since my balance stinks anyway and I felt much safer.
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 01-20-2018 at 10:19 AM.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

4. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Mary Grace and Kathleen)))))) ~

Great news that Kathleen is walking well and not hesitant to get up and move.

Healing prayers continuing ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

Kathleen is walking better and better! She's ditched the walker and is just holding my hand. She's taken a few steps without any help also.(I feel better if she's got my hand LOL). I'm pretty surprised I thought it would be much tougher. Not tougher than Kathleen though I guess LOL. I still haven't put my pictures on the computer but I'll get to it soon. She went back to school Monday and I think she's happy to be back with her friends. She got a lot of signatures on her cast.

Friday February 9th is a prom that Kathleen will attend. It's called Night To Shine. Sponsored by Tim Tebow. He sponsors hundreds of proms that night all over the world for individuals with disabilities. It's the first time we've had one locally. We're very excited!

Funnylegs thank you for the link I will definitely check it out!
    Mary Grace

7. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((Mary Grace & Kathleen)))))) ~

Hooray! Yep, that's our Kathleen ~ she is one tough young woman!

How wonderful for Tim Tebow to sponsor proms for people with disabilities. And, I KNOW that Kathleen will be the belle of the ball and dance the night away. Can't wait to see those pictures! Have fun picking out a dress (or does she have a dress already?)!

Keep the good news coming! Healing prayers continuing~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

Kathleen's doing well ad walking more everyday.

I finally made an appointment with the GI Dr. For a couple months now she has been getting these awful burps sometimes with hiccups, this makes her cough sometimes, she sounds like she has a hard time swallowing, she complains about her throat when this is happening. He put her on Omeprazol, for acid reflux. I'm not a fan of trying a new medication but she is so uncomfortable. It's gotten worse over time and now it makes her just lay and cry sometimes. Taking some time today and looking at some of the information out there on the medication and GERD. He said the other thing it could be is A motility problem with her stomach, especially since she has intestinal motility issues. Anyone have any experience with any of this??
    Mary Grace

Blog Entries

((((((Mary Grace)))))) ~

I'm so sorry that Kathleen is experiencing so much digestive and intestinal discomfort. I wondered whether her daily aspirin dose could be the culprit, so I Googled and found these sites, among others:

https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart...-about-aspirin

http://www.digestionreliefcenter.com...ause-GERD.html

Perhaps this would be a good topic to discuss with Kathleen's GI at the beginning of her appointment.

I hope that she gets relief from taking Prilosec.

Is Kathleen constipated? Just another thought ...

Please keep us updated. Healing prayers on the way, as always ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Last edited by Earth Mother 2 Angels; 02-02-2018 at 09:10 PM.

11. The following user says "thanks"

Rose, Wow I wanted to hit myself in the head LOL Duh! I'm so used to her taking the aspirin it didn't even occur to me. She's been taking it for 15 years! I'm not sure what her other options would be and if they're any better but I will discuss it with her GI Dr.. Thank you This is why I love you all. SO much practical knowledge. I always think of aspirin as so harmless but it can absolutely cause stomach issues. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Kathleen has chronic constipation but uses a cecostomy to flush her out. BUT I did consider the possibility of build up above the point of the g tube... Her flushes are going well though.
    Mary Grace

13. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ((((((Mary Grace)))))) ~

I'm so sorry that Kathleen is experiencing so much digestive and intestinal discomfort. I wondered whether her daily aspirin dose could be the culprit, so I Googled and found these sites, among others:

https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart...-about-aspirin

http://www.digestionreliefcenter.com...ause-GERD.html

Perhaps this would be a good topic to discuss with Kathleen's GI at the beginning of her appointment.

I hope that she gets relief from taking Prilosec.

Is Kathleen constipated? Just another thought ...

Please keep us updated. Healing prayers on the way, as always ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Thanks Rose. Will pass these along to the stroke survivor who helped with the film. They may need to hear this.

Mary Grace, praying the stomach issues are resolved.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Blog Entries

((((((Mary Grace)))))) ~

If I had a $100 for every time the "obvious" solution or possible connection to a drug or other possible clue evaded me, I would be in competition with Oprah. How many times have I said, "Why didn't I think of that before?!" Countless ~ in nearly 50 years ~ countless. So please, my dear friend, don't smack yourself in the head.

We all have so much to think about and pay attention to that it becomes overwhelming sometimes. Eventually, we figure it out. And that's why it's so great to be here, and I wish more would join us for the benefit of sharing our experiences and ideas. We help each other, and that's a wonderful thing.

Also, it's because you mentioned that Kathleen is taking aspirin in your thread about her surgery, that I thought of this as a possible cause. So, you gave me the clue.

I will pray for the best solution and for relief from discomfort for Kathleen.

Love & Light,

Rose

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12