Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical Marijuana and Stiff Person Syndrome

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Default Medical Marijuana and Stiff Person Syndrome

I started MMJ for MS neuropathy and spasms.

Nicely, the MMJ has reduced my muscle stiffening by 20% as well as reducing neuropathy by 80%. Itís legal in Florida. Inconvenient. Expensive. Worth it.

2. The following user says "thanks"

I have successfully transitioned from a CBD to THC ratio of 3:1 to 1:1.

It is helping with the annoying stiffening that occurs throughout the day randomly. And it’s a huge improvement for neuropathy. I can’t believe the feds forbid this.

In Europe the drug Sativex is 1:1 ratio, regulated and manufactured by a real pharmaceutical company. We need that here.
    Sadly, the orange menace has installed Mr Sessions as AG and he sees Marijuana as equivalent to heroin.

Might a fellow SPS Warrior want to pursue MMJ?

4. The following user says "thanks"

MMJ continues to be my superhero to the rescue med. if your state allows MMJ , def try it. It helps my MS and my Stiff Person Syndrome.

6. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Glad it helps.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

8. The following user says "thanks"

Community Member

I live part time in a state that allows it so I have also experienced great results with certain strains. It helps many of my issues. Some day they will approve it in my home state and I will be able to use it all the time. It definitely can help head off a full on solid contraction.

10. The following user says "thanks"

Can you say more about the CBD:THC ratio you use, and the milligrams per dose?

Here is a case study of success with Sativex, a legal form of MMJ in Europe, I think 1:1 ratio perhaps

http://ejhp.bmj.com/content/19/2/219...ract_TrendMD-0

13. The following user says "thanks"

Here is a link to Sativex, only available in Europe. Indeed it’s a 1:1 ratio.
    Likely MMJ where legal in USA can reproduce this effect. Wish Sativex was legal.

(Must vote in Nov and again 2 years hence, against those who retain AG Jeff Sessions since he equates MMJ with heroin and wants to go after MMJ with criminal charges in states it’s legal in.)

15. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Community Member

Couldn't agree more about getting rid of Sessions.

The milligrams per dose varies depending on severity of specific spasm, pain at the time also if I am trying to get control or maintain once it is under control. If that makes sense. I use the 1:1 ratio and anywhere from 5-40mgs. My biggest issue is that there is no consistency. If I am using the rescue under the tongue stuff it all depends on the size of the drop, or if using a vapor pen while waiting for the edibles to kick in. Usually takes those too long when a spasm has begun. They take about an hour for me so I will use the concentrated or a vapor pen. That makes dosing difficult.

They are worried about labeling me an addict and I am trying to figure out how to take the same exact amount that helped the last time and no more. ����

17. The following 2 users say "thanks"

My MMJ doc explained that most MMJ patients eventually develop resistance to it. The strategy if it happens is to discontinue it for two days, then slowly titrate it back up. This gives thme body time to “regrow”the cannibis receptor sites as they get depleted after a while, especially at the higher therapeutic dose.

She rec 25-100mg per day for MS spasms. I assume it would be same for Stiff Person Syndrome...

I am still a bit under 25mg per day. Looking for sweet spot. Trying to avoid depletion of cannibis receptors depletion and wallet depletion :)

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast