Medical Marijuana and Stiff Person Syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical Marijuana and Stiff Person Syndrome

I started MMJ for MS neuropathy and spasms.

Nicely, the MMJ has reduced my muscle stiffening by 20% as well as reducing neuropathy by 80%. It’s legal in Florida. Inconvenient. Expensive. Worth it.

I have successfully transitioned from a CBD to THC ratio of 3:1 to 1:1.

It is helping with the annoying stiffening that occurs throughout the day randomly. And it’s a huge improvement for neuropathy. I can’t believe the feds forbid this.

In Europe the drug Sativex is 1:1 ratio, regulated and manufactured by a real pharmaceutical company. We need that here.
    Sadly, the orange menace has installed Mr Sessions as AG and he sees Marijuana as equivalent to heroin.

Might a fellow SPS Warrior want to pursue MMJ?

Comment

MMJ continues to be my superhero to the rescue med. if your state allows MMJ , def try it. It helps my MS and my Stiff Person Syndrome.

Comment

Glad it helps.
        Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
        My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

I live part time in a state that allows it so I have also experienced great results with certain strains. It helps many of my issues. Some day they will approve it in my home state and I will be able to use it all the time. It definitely can help head off a full on solid contraction.

Comment

Can you say more about the CBD:THC ratio you use, and the milligrams per dose?

Comment

Here is a case study of success with Sativex, a legal form of MMJ in Europe, I think 1:1 ratio perhaps

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Comment

Here is a link to Sativex, only available in Europe. Indeed it’s a 1:1 ratio.
                Likely MMJ where legal in USA can reproduce this effect. Wish Sativex was legal.

(Must vote in Nov and again 2 years hence, against those who retain AG Jeff Sessions since he equates MMJ with heroin and wants to go after MMJ with criminal charges in states it’s legal in.)

Comment

Couldn't agree more about getting rid of Sessions.

The milligrams per dose varies depending on severity of specific spasm, pain at the time also if I am trying to get control or maintain once it is under control. If that makes sense. I use the 1:1 ratio and anywhere from 5-40mgs. My biggest issue is that there is no consistency. If I am using the rescue under the tongue stuff it all depends on the size of the drop, or if using a vapor pen while waiting for the edibles to kick in. Usually takes those too long when a spasm has begun. They take about an hour for me so I will use the concentrated or a vapor pen. That makes dosing difficult.

They are worried about labeling me an addict and I am trying to figure out how to take the same exact amount that helped the last time and no more. ����

Comment

My MMJ doc explained that most MMJ patients eventually develop resistance to it. The strategy if it happens is to discontinue it for two days, then slowly titrate it back up. This gives thme body time to “regrow”the cannibis receptor sites as they get depleted after a while, especially at the higher therapeutic dose.

She rec 25-100mg per day for MS spasms. I assume it would be same for Stiff Person Syndrome...

I am still a bit under 25mg per day. Looking for sweet spot. Trying to avoid depletion of cannibis receptors depletion and wallet depletion :)

Comment

"Depletion of wallet" very good, Sunshine!

ANN
                      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Good article on the inhumanity of MMJ laws. It’s Australia. But the similarities are there. Different details, same idea. Not a pdf. Like Rose’s bureaucratic struggles on other issues. I would take my chances with sharks any day over petty tyrants.
                        Last edited by Sunshine; 02-14-2018, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Case report on impact of MMJ on Stiff Person Syndrome!

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Here's some positive news on the recreational MJ front, which would also impact MMJ (I would think):

And here are some statistics on the number of people, who have died from a marijuana overdose:

Let's compare those statistics to the number of people, who have died from a heroin overdose, or from Fentanyl:

I can think of two famous people, who died from a Fentanyl overdose: Prince and Tom Petty.

Love & Light,

Rose
                            Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Nice job Rose!

Comment

Working...
                              X