Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Medical Marijuana and Stiff Person Syndrome

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Article on how the federal govt is funding research on Cannibis, but, unfortunately, they are using a strain closer to hemp genetically, than to the Cannabis plant used inMMJ. Go feds...

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/fede...s-study-shows/

Florida law requires two visits per year with a certified MMJ physician. So, today I go fulfill that requirement. So, no swimming today as the doc is pretty far away...being sick is a full time job...

Today I saw the MMJ for my semi annual required (by law) visit. I told doc about it lessening impact after 4pm until bedtime. That the stiffness in shins increases from 4pm on.

Doc rec supplementing the oral with a rub on “lotion” with 1:1 ratio. Just ordered it since the dispensary was out of product. Will be delivered at home on Saturday. Will try it this weekend.

So expensive to “Just try it”— the tiny bit costs $50.

Saturday, I went to a dispensary, since home delivery of the MMJ lotion was not happening. One dispensary sounded very shifty on the phone. really....the other charges for delivery (whereas the others are free). But there was one within 30 minute drive.

So, I steeled myself. Armed with headphones to prevent stiffening from waiting room noise, lots of water in case got stuck in a traffic jam, to take planned baclofen and Tizanidine doses, the money, a stool to sit on.

Let me paint the picture: Its in an industrial side of town (we don’t want those shifty MMJ patients to ve seen by the public, or gasp, the kids).

It was completely parked up and there were people standing around outside on the “porch”. I lucked into a close spot. The central phone order taker toll free said, just go, your order is bagged up and tell them you ar picking it up.

As if....When I walked in I said to the receptionist “I am here to pick up my phone order”. A lady waiting chuckled and said, “You see all the people in here and outside. They’re in front of you

I had to wait 40 minutes for the surly receptionist to slowly, passively aggressively process each card ahead of me (about 15 cards),check into the computer. The guy seemed to hate his job, and seem to have an us versus them mentality. The only thing I saw him have to do was check the people in.

Then, once he processed it, it was only a 5 minute wait to get the product in the secure top secret room. By lawy they have to have their product secure. In their defense, they can’t accept credit cards or check. Only Cash. So, security is def an issue.

The people in the inside waiting room looked like broken down people: some physically, some looked like PTSD survivors. Los of tattoos, but I guess that’s the norm now. Lots of familiarity. I am not accustomed to being commented upon...

The whole experience was not worth the effort. I will pay the delivery fee if I want this product again...Probably wouldn’t been so bad if it was just 5 minutes away.

So far, I have used the lotion on spastic shins, feet and ankle once...unsure about its effective. It might’ve helped. ...
    Last edited by Sunshine; 04-28-2019 at 12:02 PM.

5. The following user says "thanks"

https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/...e-recreat.aspx

The article delineates the MMJ industry and number of states legalizing it and the burgeoning recreational MJ, and states about to vote to legalize it.

I had not known that the MMJ industry in Florida is hugely profitable. They still do home delivery, lucky for me as the drive is too far, and waiting for the product at a dispensary reminds me of the 1970s with the methadone clinic and its long lines of broken down people....

Fantastic opinion piece written by an Evangelical minister on the use of MMJ:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/20/o...gtype=Homepage

https://wwl.radio.com/articles/louis...l-pot-products

https://www.nola.com/news/healthcare...996ca6444.html

These are articles about MMJ and its use for medicinal reasons. They use the example of “Claire” with SPS who uses MMJ for pain.

The second article goes into many medical conditions, including Claire’s SPS further down in the article.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678