Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Medical Marijuana and Stiff Person Syndrome

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

I think so. It’s 16.8 mg THC. So I assume it’s same for CBD since it’s 1:1?

The ratio is what’s important.

The MG will vary from person to person. Many of the docs patients do 25mg daily. You start Los and then slowly increase to find the amount that helps you.

Most MMJ patients develop resistance over time. So they have to stop for two full days and then slowly titrate up to the dose that helps. The mistake is to keep increasing the dose when you get to resistance

More is not better.

Keeping my dose low might help me avoid resistance.

Here is a good website
    Healer.com

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Sunshine)))))) ~

The reason I am asking is because all of the products available to Jim through dispensaries are dosed at 10 - 50 mg, including CBD. Jim's ratio is probably close to 1:1, but his dose is significantly higher than yours at 30-40 mg/day. Jim doesn't have an MJ physician advising him. It's California, you know. Get your MMJ recommendation on line for $35. ETC.

But what Jim is taking is obviously working for him, according to his blood work, vitals, and oncologist exam today. Perhaps larger doses are valuable in fighting an aggressive cancer? I don't know. What I do know is that Jim is still here, despite the odds against him, and his oncologist stated unequivocally that CBD/THC is contributing to his remarkable healing.

As with any medicine, the smallest dose with the most efficacy is the desired goal.

May it keep working for you!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

Those mg recommendations sound fine. And remember, different ratios are rec for diffferent diagnoses. Cancer rec as diff than spasticity rec, for example.

And, there is some research that showed tumor regression with MMJ.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/279571.php
    Last edited by Sunshine; 08-09-2018 at 01:41 AM.

6. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Sunshine)))))) ~

Thank you for the link. We know this to be true, as Jim's tumor is shrinking, and the core of the tumor is dissipating. He is self medicating, since we don't have an MMJ doctor. Jim's oncologist is very onboard with CBD/THC, and he is thrilled with Jim's progress.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Here is the info on this topic I found by Google search:

"The cannabis extract Sativex was effective in the treatment of a patient suffering from stiff person syndrome (or stiff-man syndrome). Physicians at the Neurology Department of the University Hospital of Ribera in Alzira, Spain, presented the case of a 40-year-old man with progressive muscle stiffness and intermittent spasms for 6-years. The cannabis spray was introduced after a series of unsatisfactory traditional medical treatments. Considerable improvement was verified after 14 months."
    Last edited by Moderator #7; 09-13-2018 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Your link is selling and advertising and not allowed under the Terms of Service.

10. The following user says "thanks"

Thanks Samuel! Good spotting.
    Sativex is legal I some countries overseas such as Israel. It’s a 1:1 ratio format, good for spasms and neuropathy. It is not yet legal in USA.

Do you have Stiff Person Syndrome, and do you use MMJ?

Distinguished Community Member

i never heard of stiff person syndrome-ive heard enchelotrophy cause people to hardly walk
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast