No announcement yet.

Medical Marijuana and Stiff Person Syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Interesting article on reduction of opioid use in patients using MMJ

Comment

My 2 month supply of 1:1 MMJ arrived today at the house. It’s ridiculous that there is a tenuous process of getting this medication. At any moment AG Sessions could kill this industry; he who professes such upright moralism has a misinformed view of this medicine, likening it to heroin. Don’t confuse him with facts.

Comment

For those who want to delve deeper into MMJ and it’s structur and impact, try:

You can glide over the esoteric and glean the overall structure, mouse and also human research, and impact of CBD, THC and the many terpenes. The comments about citrus and black pepper are interesting as well.

The author works for a GW Pharmaceuticals . Wikipedia says “GW Pharmaceuticals is a British biopharmaceutical company known for its multiple sclerosis treatment product nabiximols (brand name, Sativex). Sativex is the first natural cannabis plant derivative to gain market approval in any country.[4] Another cannabis-based product, Epidiolex, for treatment of epilepsy, underwent phase 3 clinical trials in 2015.[5][6]

Comment

MMJ is comprised of several therapeutic elements: THC, CBD and Terpenes.

THC, which creates the high, is a bronchodilator, a neuroprotectivr antioxidant, has 20 Times the anti inflammatory property of aspirin, a pain reliever and an anti spasmodic muscle relaxant.

CBD modulates the THC side effects of anxiety, tachycardia, hunger and sedation. CBD is an analgesic, neuroprotectivr antioxidant, anti nausea. Can kill breast cancer cells and a powerful anti MRSA agent. It decreases stroke risk.
          Also, when opioids don’t control cancer pain, CBD sees a 30% decrease in cancer pain.

CBG, a type of CBD, IS A GABA UPTAKE INHIBITOR thereby performing nicely as a muscle relaxant. This is important for SPS and also MS patients with spasms.

Terpenes are in MMJ and divided into sunsets of Monoterpenes and Sequiterpenes. There are several types in these subsets. Those monoterpenes reviewed includeLimonene, Myrcene, Pinene, and Linalool.
          Sequiterpenoids include Caroyophyllene, Neridol, Carophylline Oxide and Phytol.

More in the research knowledge of CBD, THC and Terpenes.

Remember: it is the synergy between these components of Cannibis that create the therapeutic effect.

Comment

A continuation on post #34

Dr. Russo reviewed information on the Terpenes. Recall that they are present in Cannibis along with CBD and THC. The Terpenes help the plant survive since they have insecticide abilities.

Terpenes cause the aroma of Cannibis.

The following summarizes research on the Monoterpines:

Myrcene is a sedative and muscle relaxant.

The Terpene Limonene is also present in oranges! It can decrease GERD, kill breast cancer cells, and lower anxiety in people and mice. Some find that it’s presence in lemon peels accounts for why eating grated lemon peel with black pepper can reduce the anxiety felt with excess THC ingestion.

The Terpene Pinene is a bronchodilator. It’s an anti inflammatory. It also functions like a broad spectrum antibiotic. It fights MRSA. It is present in many other plants and fights off predatory insects. Pinene is also an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor aiding memory. It can also counteract the THC induced short term memory problem.

Some think the Terpene Linalool is a muscle relaxant.it is sedating and anti anxiety. It is equivalent in effect to the local anesthetic menthol and procaine.

Linalool is also an anti convulsant and antiglutsmergic activity. When used, it decreases morphine use compared to a placebo.

With the respect to the :Sesquiterpenes:

Caroyophyllene is the most common of the Sesquiterpenes. It’s also in black pepper. It’s anti inflammatory and an analgesic. It can treat duodenal ulcers. It is gastric cytoprotective.

Neeolidol is sedating and present in low levels of citrus peels. It reduced rat colon adenomas. It enhanced skin penetration of the chemo 5-fluorouracil. It is anti protozoan parasites and anti Leishmaniasis disease .

Comment

The pharmacologist at Mayo confirmed that 1:1 MMJ is good for spasticity.

Comment

FDA favorably reviewed new Cannibis drug,

Comment

Cannabinoids reduce neurological disease of Tourette’s motor tics:

Comment

That is a true fact. I have read about it as well Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register....

Comment

Hi Medicated Warrior!

Yes, it’s a great finding since the existing meds are onerous.

Comment

As far as I am concerned there is almost no THC in cannabis oil, it is 100% safe from the point of view of risk of addiction. Can't say a thing about cancer, but there are really hundreds of headlines confirming cannabis oil kills cancer cells (I dunno, I am not expert). Some guys use it for vaping, but this oil is really able to increase appetite, improve sleep, reduce stress, etc.
                        Last edited by Moderator #7; 01-23-2019, 09:03 AM. Reason: No links allowed for new members.

Comment

The 1:1 Cannibis Oil I use has THC, but at low enough dose that I experience no side effects. Increasing the dose, or using a non tincture route would create psychoactive effects.

Comment

Epidiolex is CBD just approved by FDA for certain epilepsies.

Sativex is made by same Pharma, GW, and is used for MS spasticity in 30 countries, but not the USA— yet. Elections have consequences—-eventually it will be legal.

Comment

Oklahoma voters legalize marijuana for medicinal uses. Oklahoma.

Comment

My annual card was due to expire in about a month. When I first got it, I was on hold for hours, and my photo was rejected for a very minor detail based on a wisp if hair sticking up an inch.

So, I was really worried the renewal would be onerous.

The State has gotten its act together. The website was quick and easy to negotiate, and it all was done on line. As long as the card arrives in a timely fashion, it’s a success!

Comment

Working...
                                X