Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Medical Marijuana and Stiff Person Syndrome

Distinguished Community Member

"Depletion of wallet" very good, Sunshine!

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/11/w...-article-click

Good article on the inhumanity of MMJ laws. It’s Australia. But the similarities are there. Different details, same idea. Not a pdf. Like Rose’s bureaucratic struggles on other issues. I would take my chances with sharks any day over petty tyrants.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 02-14-2018 at 07:22 AM.

Case report on impact of MMJ on Stiff Person Syndrome!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22726074

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Exclamation

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Here's some positive news on the recreational MJ front, which would also impact MMJ (I would think):

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...-off-marijuana

And here are some statistics on the number of people, who have died from a marijuana overdose:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0b9e9848d6297

Let's compare those statistics to the number of people, who have died from a heroin overdose, or from Fentanyl:

http://reason.com/blog/2017/09/01/ho...to-die-from-he

I can think of two famous people, who died from a Fentanyl overdose: Prince and Tom Petty.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Nice job Rose!

Increase dose to .30 ml. Still no side effects. Doc rec at least .40ml per dose.

9. The following user says "thanks"

Spoke with a buddy who also uses medical marijuana but for MS, not stiff Person Syndrome. She uses .50 per dose. So I think I will try .40 ml per dose

Tried .35 last night, no side effects.
    Just tried .38ml, no side effects yet.

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This person's experience sounds as if medical cannabis is helping him:

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/s...ong-nightclub/

From the Illawarra (Australia) Mercury News, February 27, 2018.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

13. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

agate ~

What a frightening experience for that young man! And what a cruel crime committed against him and his two women friends!

I am convinced that MMJ, particularly CBD oil, could benefit the health of everyone, regardless of the malady, ailment or condition. I've read recent research on CBD and THC oils to treat Alzheimer's, and testimonies from caregivers, whose loved ones improved using both. The CBD helps with memory loss, and the THC helps with mood stabilization, appetite, and sleep. CBD oil has also helped people, particularly children, with intractable seizures.

Jim is definitely benefiting from both CBD and THC oils. He's astounded all of his physicians and nurses, and today, Jon's nurse visited to change Jon's catheter , and she remarked at how healthy Jim looks. Our close friend, who recommended Jim take these oils prior to the initiation of his chemo treatments, said that it was the only thing that controlled her nausea and vomiting, when she had chemo.

So, there are many ways that CBD and THC oils are truly medicine. At last, the doors are opening for it to be used legally and properly.

Sunshine ~

I'm glad that you are not experiencing any side effects from the increases. What kind of side effects are you concerned about, or do you think might occur?

Your system is utilizing the medications its receiving.

I learned about that in 1983, when Jon was 13 years old having his second of many life threatening tonic/clonic seizures. His pediatrician told me that she'd given him so much valium to stop the seizing, which lasted over 4 hours, that "it would have taken down a horse." She said he was having blood draws every 20 minutes to check his levels, and they kept coming back well below the lowest acceptable range. She said, "He's utilizing every drop we give him to stop this seizure."

Yesterday, I watched a couple of videos by a young man, who has SPS. In one, he walked to demonstrate his gait. In another, he recorded spasms. In another, he recorded his IVIG infusion.

As I watched him having spasms, I was amazed at how similar his movements and facial expressions are to seizures. Michael seized for 22 years, and Jon has had numerous seizures, so I'm quite familiar with all kinds of seizures and what they look like. I had no idea until I watched his videos what SPS spasms looked like.

I admire you for taking the reins ~ contacting your legislators, getting that lovely wheelchair, building an accessible home, trying MMJ, going to Mayo. I pray that you will find the answers and remedies you need to give you the most comfortable and quality-filled life. You are a pioneer.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

15. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast