Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 42429303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Keep Moving check in

Distinguished Community Member

Been wondering about your appointment myself Sunshine
    Virginia

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Yesterday I took Ativan and all the pain and stiffening in my legs subsided. So we went for a nice lunch on the ocean, And I walked to the water and went up to my ankles. The waves were large and breaking on shore, and there were rips. Without a surfboard, the rips would kill me, so I wisely didnít go in and body surf a white water wave.

Today, I am back to my awful self of stiffening and pain. my walking is worse, my bladder hurts....so tired of this disease. Neuro is Tuesday. I will call Urologist tomorrow to see if the results came back. Still on Keflex, just finished day of 10. If you donít hear from me a while, itís becasue I am just not well enough to come , but will come back when I can, even if it is tomorrow.

Today I swam 20 minutes 666 yards.

3. The following user says "thanks"

The speech therapist was wonderful. Wish some of the doctors could adopt her bedside manner.

She said she could order a swallow test, like I had last year. If it showed so and so, she can teach me exercises. If not, there were no exercises.

So she agreed to skip the test and just do the exercises a month and see how it goes.
    The consult was more useful than I thought and I am glad I followed through.

5. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Sunshine)))))) ~

Despite all that you're enduring, you're still able to swim for 20 minutes. I'm so glad for you that are able to swim, and I hope it continues to be so.

That's great news that your consult with the speech therapist was helpful. I pray that the exercises will improve your swallowing.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad.

7. The following 2 users say "thanks"

I somehow didnít post several days of swimming. There were a fw skipped days when I had to go to early doc appointments and the Cystoscopy.

Today I swam 20.5 minutes for 666 yards. Its getting warmer outside in Florida now, which no more shivering getting from the pool to the hot shower. nice :)

It was brave because this morning at 1 a.m. I had a really nice foot spasm: the Rt foot rotated counterclockwise about 45 degrees. I was able to stretch it out, and took the muscle relaxant that eased up the whole problem in about 30 minutes.

9. The following user says "thanks"

I swam 20.5 minutes today, 603 yards. At 4 am I had A very quick ankle spasm and then it was gone

Yesterday I swam 666yards in 20.5 minutes. It was my assigned day to take an Ativan to get a break from pain and spasticity.

I took it 2 hours after the swim and it lasted all day until nearly bedtime. It was terrific. I went to Home Depot with DH and started a new windowsill hobby of succulents.

And tackled other things I had wanted to do. ALl the while, no spasticity, no pain. ALmost normal. ALmost...could def surf small waves on this. Will try that sooooooon

I swam 666 yards today and cooked a complex dinner. And cleaned a few small items.

Today I swam 20 minutes, 666 yards. When I swim, I try to focus on the feel of the water and the visual display around me. It enhances meditation and reduces pain.

I swam 693 yards today in 20.5 minutes. I have been on the rollator all day, Rarely having to do R2D2 today.

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 42429303132333435 LastLast