Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep Moving check in

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

It was a beautiful Florida winter day with air temp 75, zero wind, cool ocean 76F. The waves were clean and turquoise, thigh to hip high , breaking gently.

I was frightened to go what with my traitorous body and recent crisis swimming. My DH said, you will see your friends and you don’t have to get wet if you don’t want.

But of course, as he wheeled me to the ocean and a buddy strapped on my leash, just looking at the water got me frothing. The paddle out was so easy, just gliding out to the lineup.

Am happy to say I got two nice floaty waves, one easy wipeout, and one had to bail after popping up as a dudette was coming right at me. It was her wave, my bad.

There were plenty of sharks out there.

I have learned to stop with the slightest muscle warning. So, while it would’ve been nice to keep on out there, it was great to have had the fun.

2. The following user says "thanks"

That was an all day recovery from beach and making supper. GEESH. So, today, no exercise, stay home and regroup.

4. The following user says "thanks"

Well, I did lift 10and 12 lb weights today to strengthen bones and keep veins from collapsing from constant infusions

6. The following user says "thanks"

Skipped swim today. Just handled 8 flights of stairs spread across day in activities of daily living.

May try swim tomorrow , but short one.

8. The following user says "thanks"

Mindful of the crisis last time, minutes and that’s 350yards. Clenching began the last two minutes. Cut it 100 Yards short of 1/4 mile and averted a crisis.

Odd that warmer water better for Stiff Person Syndrome and cooler for MS.

10. The following user says "thanks"

Today I swam 550 Yards 16 minutes

I swam 14 minutes, 500yards today, just 50 Yards over 1/4 mile. The thigh clenching was unnerving.

Today I swam 15 minutes, 500 Yards.

The close up spots were parked up, the handicap spots are 15 steps further than the close up ones. I tried the hcap spot today. It worked out, but it distracted me from the fact it was 3 minutes before opening time.

Nothing to sit on but a low down curb. Desperate, I took a chance and fell to a sit. Was able to roll and rise . It was dicey. Donít do that again!

Stiff Person Syndrome really creates challenges when the expected and unexpected occur.

The female guards are not strong enough to pull me to a stand with my hands, and lower me to the ground by pulling on hands and forearms. So, today I really lowered too fast. Yikes. But no males were on duty. I survived. Gotta plan for this next time.

14. The following user says "thanks"

I met up with two friends for surfing this morning. It was one of those beautiful warm February days. The ocean wasn’t too cold, about 75į and I went to was just right.

I had to satisfy myself with being at the ocean with friends and being able to paddle through the beautiful ocean antique white water waves in. I had paddled out to the lineup but I realized how weak my arms are. It made me feel a bit worried to be Teklen waist high waves. Usually, that is my favorite size waves. So, I paddled in and stayed on the inside taking Whitewater in.

I guess I’m recalibrating my expectations and hopes. If the ocean stays and need to fly high, I will go to the lineup. Any bigger, I will just simply stay on the inside and take with water.

For sure, it is a different kind of fun to get a white water wave but it is still fun . Stiff person syndrome has robbed me, and my fellow warriors, of so much. It surely has robbed me of my surfing fun

Today I swam 550 Yards, 15 minutes with only mild SPS symptoms in the legs. Thankfully

17. The following user says "thanks"

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast