Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 123237383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Keep Moving check in

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

An hour after taking an Ativan early morning, I went surfing with my crew. The Wheelchair was there as planed for!
    I lasted two hours surfing until the stiffening began to creep in. So, I got plenty of waves and had time to enjoy the socializing.

The waves were clean thigh high rollers in sets of 3, they had some punch to them which made the rides zippier. I still have trouble with balance and popping up, so you never know when I will suddenly get thrown off the board! But its all in good fun.

There was a guy there , a rule breaker, who looked like Robt Mueller in his younger days. Stayed clear of him...

To not be in pain and to be able to enjoy the ocean with only mild fear, is a real blessing. I felt younger, looked younger and had a blast on teh waves.

I depend upon friends and husband to help make it happen with driving, supervising, wheeling me to the shoreline. So i am judicious about when to ask. But DH volunteered for today, so I said ďyesĒ.

I am utterly exhausted. And then I cam home and zipped around the house like a well person, straightening up this, putting away the surf detritus, emptying planter of excess rain, cleaning up. It was amazing to move so much better.

Thank you ativan.

Now, why cannot pharma make a drug that does the same thing but doesnt develop tolerance and isnít addictive???I would take it every day. When I am on it, I realize how much impaired I truly am by SPS.

Today I swam 22 minutes, 800 yards in a cold 79F pooló all that rain chilled down the pool. I had a brief spasm at 3 am, 4 hours before the swim. I just wanted to get into the pool, so I put aside fear and swam.

The rest of the day, I have had real spasticity, but no spasm yet. In the R2D2 most of the day...resting mostly...These meds make me like a zombie, but they do a pretty good job controlling spasticity for the most part.

Neuro messaged me to try cutting back surfing by an hour next time and see if it eliminates the spasms. IVIG is in 1 week, in the hospital based infusion center. They found a batch. Again, no promises there will be more in the future.

Today I swam 22 minutes 800 yards, right after watching the space launch around 6:30am from my back yard. So much of Florida can see these launches. You can see it north of WPB, in Orlando, in Daytonaó-they arc to the south as they climb. Night launches are easy to spot, the bright large flame on the starry night sky, and the contrail that is iridescent if itís just before dawn.

I swam 800 yards in 24 minutes today. About to cook dinner. Resting a lot..

Today I swam 800 yards in 23 minutes. Lots of pain before the swim, but swam anyway...

Today I swam 800 yards, 23 minutes. Felt pretty good. ... cooking and resting today...

Today I did water exercise in the pool, a form of breast stroke that doesnt seem to tweak my back or legs. For 14 minutes. That is the 3rd time since this latest chiro debacle a week or two ago, I Am assuming itís chiro...

I just swam 15 minutes, 1/4 mile plus 80 yards. It did feel good to move in teh water, hoping all holds well. It was partly sunny and breezy out, despite looming Dorian.

I swam 14 minutes today, 1/4 mile plus 60 yards. Did fine...Dorian was far enough away to take the plunge. Windy, but no rain and no Tstorms at that time. Last of the storm should be in an hour today.

I swam yesterday and today 23 minutes, 800 yards...despite being so debilitated....

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 123237383940414243 LastLast