Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep Moving check in

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Swam 20 minutes today, 603 yds

2. The following user says "thanks"

Today I swam 603 yards in 20 minutes. For some reason, I have been on my feet a lot more today, tolerating it. Its a nice change...IVIG tomrrow.

Swam 603 yds in 20 minutes, despite dizziness

I have been swimming daily, 20 minutes. Climate change has allowed for warmer swim. In February no less. ... I truly miss surfing so much.... it is one of the bigger losses from SPSó that , and traveling t see family.

TOday was the first day after cataract surgery one eye that I was allowed back in the pool. It felt good especially since it was 80F outside and the pool was 84. I was pretty stiffened during and after, but felt courageous and great.

I swam my 20 minutes, 603 yards. No spasms.

I realize I could die in the pool, but this disease is a living death anyway...and, I am not reckless.

I swam 20 minutes , 603 yards. Spent th rest of the day getting ready for IVIG tomorrow, cooking supper, shopping at grocery store at 7am before the crowd, preparing history and list for GI visit and Urologist visit at end of week.

Its daunting...The SPS and the meds make it very hard to juggle things without falling down.

Miss those carefree days of pre-SPS.

Yesterday I swam 15 minutes and next to my phone and Ativan. My legs were bad and I swam too late.my toes were getting rigid and tried to cross.

Today DH pulled off covers, and pulled back in, and I swam early 20 minutes 603 yards. Much better. Still struggling with legs...

Today I swam 20 minutes, 603 yards even though I had an ankle spasm at 3:30 am. It quickly settled down, so I chanced a swim. I did fine, luckily.

Sunshine! I need some people, for support and knowledge. I was diagnosed with SPS just last week. Like you, I also have MS, and was diagnosed in 2011. I am scared, mourning, and feel moments of feeling overwhelmed and hopeless. My Neuro recommends IVIG soon, and he put me on clonazepam. My legs are stiff, whenever I get anxious, the stiffness is worse. I am a 41 year old mother of 3. I just need some people who get it. Thank you for your time.

11. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Amyangel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sunshine! I need some people, for support and knowledge. I was diagnosed with SPS just last week. Like you, I also have MS, and was diagnosed in 2011. I am scared, mourning, and feel moments of feeling overwhelmed and hopeless. My Neuro recommends IVIG soon, and he put me on clonazepam. My legs are stiff, whenever I get anxious, the stiffness is worse. I am a 41 year old mother of 3. I just need some people who get it. Thank you for your time.
    Good morning Amyangel (love your username). I cannot imagine a worst time in life to have SPS than when you are raising 3 children. Please also visit the Multiple Sclerosis board on this forum, Braintalk for support. It is a group of long time MSers and you can find support there as well...

I definitely “get it”. It is a beastly disease. Your neuro is recommending a good treatment regimen. Start as soon as possible.

What are your supports? Do you have a supportive family or husband that can provide care for your kids when you are at your worst with these diseases?

You are the first person I know that also has MS. I bet there are more.

May I start a new thread for our dialogue so other SPS people can join in when they are brave enough to register as did you? They may not see this dialogue in the Keep Moving check in.

I have much knowledge about this disease, as I have a scientific background and have been battling it for at least two years; and mild MS for 19 years and counting.

Re mental health: This is a crucial part of treatment. Is there a therapist in your community you can see until you feel more “ground” under your feet in addition to seeking support here? I found that immeasurably beneficial. They can teach you coping tools such as mindfulness, deep relaxation. But not all therapists are equal. Find one that “gets it” and can listen to you as well as teach you these tools.

Recently , I have been exploring Meditation: this has been of enormous benefit to me. I read a book, called Breakfast with Buddha that opened my eyes to it: its a fiction book and easy to read, very interesting. By Roland Merullo. It has really helped me as much as reading up on it, seeking support, and the therapy I had last year that calmed me down.

Keep on keeping on, and lets keep supporting each other.

I like this format better than Facebook because its anonymous. So, you can say what you want without having to reveal your identity.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 02-25-2019 at 02:28 AM.

Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast