Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep Moving check in

Distinguished Community Member

The IVIG is working again!

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

2. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

I went surfing yesterday and was able to modify my pop up to trick my feet into the right stance. It was great to get wet and see friends, this damn disease is so isolating

I swam 1/4 mile in 13.5 minutes today. It tamed down the stiffening I was getting from Socializing this morning. Itís like a sensory deprivation chamber when youíre underwater.

Swam 1/4 mile in 13.5 minutes today in the rainy cool pool. The cold water surrounding my neoprene clothed legs, seems to cut down on neuropathy.

Sure miss swimming a mile.

6. The following user says "thanks"

Today I swam 1/4 mile plus 93 Yards, or, 520 Yards, just under 15 minutes. Pool was 76F today. Sun is out, maybe it will warm up for tomorrow!

I swam 16 minutes today, 1/4 mile plus 93 Yards, or, 520 Yards. Pool is 79

Today I said Phuket and decided to swim more. So, I swam 18 minutes.640 Yards. It’s a little over 1/3 mild. Some mild muscle stiffening , but no spasms yet.

I decided to try this increase after watching the video of Shane James talked about in this thread:

http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...erson-Syndrome
    Last edited by Sunshine; 05-25-2018 at 06:56 AM.

I went surfing today in preparation for the rainstorm from TS Alberto tomorrow. The forecasted wave condition looked junky as did the webcam. But, you gotta go before you really know. So , go we did.

As promised, the waves were small, about knee to thigh high, very short 5 second interval, choppy. The ocean was chilled to 76 ;and it was cloudy. So I was glad to be wearing some rubber.

Due to the junky waves, there were only about ten in the water, and several of them were our crew. So the male/female ratio was 1:1.... always a pleasure to have lots of women in the water, and we usually all know each other. There is a sisterhood out there.

We traded some funny surfing stories about guys, making the sisterhood bond even stronger.

One of them spotted a shark today, hard to see due to the murkiness. But it was a small shark, so she didn't bother to move over.

It was glorious to be in the salt water, and I feel so lucky to have friends who make it happen. I cannot drive that far after exercise and so some of my surfer friends go out of their way by 90 minutes to make it happen. They cut into their own fun time to pull the wheelchair around to the water, and leave before I turn into a pumpkin. Its a team effort.

I got several on the stomache, and my rule is I gotta get at least one ride standing. There was a fail when the wave rolled under me. Then I got my ride for the day, paddled hard for it, popped up to the feet and rode it until it died, about 10 seconds later. Some old salts on the beach, waved their arms and cheered me. So sweet!

Seems like I am tolerating more exercise the past couple of months in terms of leg spasticity. Sure, it takes an entire day and night of rest afterwards, but it’s worth it.

I am thinking of everyone here, and how we all seem to push the envelope of our illness in our own way. Some of the envelopes are much more narrow than others, suffocatingly so. And yet, even those envelopes are stretched by sheer will.

11. The following user says "thanks"

Double posted
    Last edited by Sunshine; 05-27-2018 at 06:12 AM.

I swam 560 Yards today. No spasms, just some mild stiffening. Yay!

14. The following user says "thanks"

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast